UT3 Long Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Long Startup

HI, I had a question, as the tittle implies, whenever I launch the game I am stuck with a black screen for 1-2 minutes before I see the logos and such and then eventually to the menu, I already did a HDD defrag and all, was wondering if anyone could imput on the situation, thx i n advance.

what are your system specs?
    have u try to update latest drivers for your hardware?

Comment

Vista 32
      EVGA Nvidia 8600 GT 512 MB DDR3
      MS945G-GLV mobo
      3 gig DDR2 Ram
      Pentium 4 3.2 ghz
      169.13 drivers
      80 gig HDD IDE

Comment

Might be a combination of the older, single core CPU and your hard drive. I'm guessing that the HD might be older since your mobo and CPU are. I previously had the UT3 beta demo installed on an athlon64 3000 with a WD 10,000 rpm Raptor drive and 3GB or ram. Your cpu is obviously better, but that HD I had (and still use) kicked ***. Nevertheless, load times were still slow--a minute or two--when starting the game.

Comment

An IDE harddrive is unbearably slow compared to their SATA counterpart.

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
            An IDE harddrive is unbearably slow compared to their SATA counterpart.
            Yea I was guessing the same thing, My PC dealer also recommended me to upgrade to a SATA HDD, faster data process.

Comment

Yep. Your board supports SATA. If you want one of the fastest for under $100, get one of these 36GB Raptors. They are incredibly fast with SCSI speed but for SATA. That one drive will give you enough room to load the OS, other software, and a few games, then format your old drive and use it for storing media and other personal files. For instance, I have the 150GB Raptor where OS and software are installed and have a second non-Raptor 150GB drive which I use for must the My Documents folder.

You won't regret that drive. You'll notice a boost in load times on the OS, too.

Comment

or you could pick up a seagate 7200.11 which beat raptors now in some tests (large file transfers)

Comment

Working...
                X