Game randomly crashes to desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game randomly crashes to desktop

My game will just abruptly crash at any given time. It's getting really annoying and it still persists with the 1.1 patch. I've simply quit playing in the meantime.

I downgraded my video drivers to 163.75 down from 169.12, didn't work.

My other games do not crash, and I've run system stability tests like Prime95.

Here are my system specs:

Intel C2Q Q6600
    ASUS P5K-E
    4GB DDR2
    Geforce 8800GTX
    X-Fi Fatal1ty

Anyone have a similar issue?

Are you receiving any sort of error when this happens? If not, do you have Windows Error Reporting Service disabled?

Comment

Originally posted by Ch0b0 View Post
      My game will just abruptly crash at any given time. It's getting really annoying and it still persists with the 1.1 patch. I've simply quit playing in the meantime.

I downgraded my video drivers to 163.75 down from 169.12, didn't work.

My other games do not crash, and I've run system stability tests like Prime95.

Here are my system specs:

Intel C2Q Q6600
      ASUS P5K-E
      4GB DDR2
      Geforce 8800GTX
      X-Fi Fatal1ty

Anyone have a similar issue?
      What OS and patch level of OS?

Comment

You've probably thought of this already, but make certain that your GPU is not overheating and that your PSU is properly supplying power. Both of these issues could cause crashes, and UT3 puts a *lot* of stress on a system in a different way such that Prime95 might not. Synthetic tests can't always predict real world performance and stability.

Comment

GPU within good temps, my PSU is an Enermax 720w.

Forgot to mention that my OS is Vista Ultimate x64, all updates installed.

The only error message is "UT3.exe has stopped responding" and then the error reporting service kicks in.

I wonder if it is the OpenAL crash people have been talking about...

Comment

Originally posted by Ch0b0 View Post
            GPU within good temps, my PSU is an Enermax 720w.

Forgot to mention that my OS is Vista Ultimate x64, all updates installed.

The only error message is "UT3.exe has stopped responding" and then the error reporting service kicks in.

I wonder if it is the OpenAL crash people have been talking about...
            That's the first thing I would try, disabling OpenAL in the Audio settings menu.

Comment

X-FI fatality has X-RAM and will crash if OpenAL is enabled. X-FI cards and audigy cards without X-RAM will work in normal ways with OpenAL enabled. (Buddy of me has a Extreme Music version, OpenAL runs flawless for him)

Comment

Working...
              X