Crashing Since Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashing Since Patch

Been playing UT3 for a few weeks, now, think in all that time, it only crashed once. Now, just patched, and it keeps locking up after playing for 5-10 minutes. According to Windows Error Reporting, it's a stop error caused by the video card/driver.

I'm using Windows XP, 3.4ghz single-core Pentium CPU, 2gb RAM, and a 512mb GeForce 8500GT with the latest official drivers.

Any ideas?

Update... I seem to be able to fix it by disabling my sound card. It's an old sound card that I'm lucky still works most of the time, but, short of buying a new one, what might have changed since the patch? Are there any ini settings I could adjust to lower sound quality, or anything like that?

Comment

Same issue here, had the game since just after release and never had it crash. Just patched it now and it's forced a hardware reset 2x inside a couple of minutes.
      Screen freezes with a rapidly repeating sound effect... not always indicative of sound related issue however.

Vzur it's an obvious one but you could try a new/different driver for you sound card and disabling music and various announcer stuff in the options?

/ClimbsOnHighHorse
      Ohh and the UI is still rubbish. IMO it doesn't need tweaking it needs scrapping totally then design a new one applying the basic principals of HCI design theory.

Is there any way to skip thoses **** non click through splash screens right at the start?

Can we roll back the patch?

Comment

everything has been fine with my version but i patched it lst night and logining in was a real pain, had 3 hard restarts and then some random key bshing helped get it back, bringing the console down seemed to wake it up, for the login to work. and also the fps slow down seems to be there now for me when it wasn't before. yeah it seems to run smoother overall but there are more problems for me now.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketMagnet View Post
          Is there any way to skip thoses **** non click through splash screens right at the start?

Left Click. I stumbled on it while nervously waiting for the game to load.

Comment

Thanks RR.. I'm talking about the initial ones.. the text.

Well i've turned of Voice and Ambience .. already had music off and it's stopped crashing so far.

*EDIT: Managed to stop the movies etc by editing the UTEngine.ini

Comment

Disabling Vids

I disabled all those vids in my .ini Works fine for me!

@ Patch:
              Haven't apllied yet, wanted to do so this evening but now I'm scared a bit ^^

Comment

Originally posted by RocketMagnet View Post
                Same issue here, had the game since just after release and never had it crash. Just patched it now and it's forced a hardware reset 2x inside a couple of minutes.
                Screen freezes with a rapidly repeating sound effect... not always indicative of sound related issue however.
                Yeah, the freeze with the looping sound - that's it exactly. I know it doesn't mean it's necessarily a sound issue, but I thought disabling it was worth a shot.

Can we roll back the patch?
                Can probably just reinstall from scratch, and then not patch, but not sure if that would work with multiplayer.

Also, such a frustrating solution. I've barely had a chance to see what improvements the patch brings, aside from my entire team of bots on Serenity camping the mine node. Eager to show off their new and improved Leviathan AI, I guess.

Comment

i'm facing the same problem.

Comment

we're doomed

Comment

Mine Crashes too

Same problem here. Mine crashes between 10-30 min gameplay. Here's the Detailed Vista report:

Code:
                      Problem signature:
                        Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
                        Application Name:	UT3.exe
                        Application Version:	0.0.0.0
                        Application Timestamp:	4759a76e
                        Fault Module Name:	MSVCR80.dll
                        Fault Module Version:	8.0.50727.762
                        Fault Module Timestamp:	45712238
                        Exception Code:	c0000005
                        Exception Offset:	00017440
                        OS Version:	6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
                        Locale ID:	1033
                        Additional Information 1:	0efb
                        Additional Information 2:	800f0400434db52f8b078e6f3b5342ad
                        Additional Information 3:	fba4
                        Additional Information 4:	6711a3c4e2c6a5747190fde3e82b1c9b

Read our privacy statement:
                        http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409
                      According to my google search MSVCR80.dll is a .NET Framework file. This only happened after I installed patch 1.1. Used to happen to me in the Demo and the fix was to put something in mic input of the onboard soundcard. But now Im using a PCI Soundcard (X-Fi XtremeGamer) and the mic thing doesn't work there.

Comment

Working...
                      X