Joystick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joystick

PLEASE put joystick input options on this game! Not everyone has 2 hands to play via keyboard and mouse.

I spent $60 on the DVD versian and I can't play the game. Deleting such options should be noted on the packaging so those of us with limited input options can choosenot to buy the game...

I've been a happy UT player from day one, so I'm hoping this situation will resolve in my favor.

Thank you

OK, figured out how to activate the joystick. Now if I could just configure it I could play... right now forward is back and vice versa and it spins to the right despite being calibrated and extended dead zones.
    Are the joystick settings buried in with the gamepad settings in the UTInput.ini or ?

Comment

THIS THREAD has good info on setting up a joystick.

Though, yeah, it would be nice if you could set it up in-game.

Comment

Right on!
        Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Logy View Post
          THIS THREAD has good info on setting up a joystick.

Though, yeah, it would be nice if you could set it up in-game.
          To close out this thread...

I followed the directions in the link Logy supplied and got my Cyborg EVO to work just fine except for one change. I use right/left stck to strafe, so I ";" out the following line:

;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightX",Command="Axis aTurn Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.3")

Thanks again Logy for the link.
          http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=580813

Comment

a quick and easy solution is a program called joytokey its actually designed to make computers more accesible to the disabled but is also handy as you can bind keys to the joysticks movements ie up= w down=s and of course bind your triggers to whichever keys you wish. It also has an adjustable deadzone under the preferences tab in case ya joystick is analogue and to twitchy. It is also criminally easy to use, freeware and only about 3-400kB. link to download http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/2/I/JoyToKey/JoyToKey.htm . hope that helps BS9

Comment

Working...
            X