CD Key Invalid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD Key Invalid

I bought this game a day after release. Been playing it on and off since then. But now it suddenly asked me for a CD key as I was logging in. I thought it was odd cause I already did that when I installed the game. I typed in the CD key but it says its invalid. What gives?

BTW: I have patched it to beta 1.1. If that info helps.

Make sure you are typing it correctly - 8's as B's, etc.

Comment

Double checked it five times and it still doesn't work. I'm currently reinstalling it in hopes that it might fix it.

Comment

did you at one point deleted UTEngine.ini? it happens all the time when i delete it to start over from default.
        make sure your readme isnt in read only i guess.

Comment

nope I didn't delete anything. Only thing that I can think of that I did recently to my system was change my nvidia drivers to beta 169.17. Last time I played was Fri night.

I also finished reinstalling it but my CD key still wouldn't work.

Comment

What should I do?

Comment

Are your .ini files read only? if so, take that off & try again.

Comment

Originally posted by stereoxide View Post
                What should I do?
                burn the game, at least you will have a little fire to warm yourself in this cold winter where epic lets his customers struggle in the deep snow

Comment

This is becoming a common issue, no word from Epic. There are tons of posts about it, but it isn't even listed as a tracked issue in the sticky.

Comment

Working...
                  X