help with freeze problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with freeze problems

My machine freezes from time to time. I also d/l the beta patch....but it was freezing before the patch. Alot of times it freezes on deisel. I am running win-64bit sp2 with all the current patches. For hardware I am using 2x hd2900's, AMD 6400, 2 gig's of mushkin ram and an ecs ka3 mvp mobo with the latest bios and 2x WD raptors ran in raid 0. I can't seem to figure it out

Overclocking can cause this. UT3 puts heavy stress on a system. If you have overclocked your CPU or RAM, you may need to put it back to default. If you have a factory overclocked graphics card, it may have inadequate cooling and you may need to reduce it slightly to reference board GPU and memory settings.

Comment

My card's are overclocked from the factory. My system is water cooled. I guess I could put the 2 GPU's in the loop. I am using a thermaltake big water 745, because it is not a high end water cooler, I was worried about puting to many things in the loop. Any idea's about that ??? The only thing is sometimes I can play for along time without any prob's.

Comment

Originally posted by hypersteveO View Post
        My card's are overclocked from the factory. My system is water cooled. I guess I could put the 2 GPU's in the loop. I am using a thermaltake big water 745, because it is not a high end water cooler, I was worried about puting to many things in the loop. Any idea's about that ??? The only thing is sometimes I can play for along time without any prob's.
        Well, definitely try underclocking the card GPU and memory before adding them to the cooling system, and then you might consider other, easier solutions if your system stabilizes as a result of the underclocking. It could just be bad thermal paste application between the GPU and fan on the part of the manufacturer. I just bought an MSI 8600GT OC edition for my son's computer for which that specific problem has been reported by other users, but I bought it anyway because I knew I could fix it with a little magic Arctic Silver

Comment

agreed.......puting the cards back to factory specs would be allot easier then purchasing GPU blocks and draining coolant and rerouting tubing. I will try that....for a temp solution. If this fixes the prob then I will put the cards in the coolant loop (80 bucks for a block x2 ouchie). thnx

Comment

Working...
          X