Hd3850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ive got an 8800GT thats pcie2.0 in a pcie 1.0 slot and it works fine.No drop in performance at all.Cant see that an 3850 would be any different.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It will work if you have a PCIE 16X slot

Originally posted by gism1337 View Post
    i have a PCI express motherboard thats 1.0 and the HD 3850 is a pci-e 2.0 card. before i get the card i want to make sure the card is backwards compatible. is this true?
    You could read the label on the box before you buy it or check the system requirements posted online. They are not secrets.

Why not just to the ATI website and look at the requirements yourself? You know, asking such an easy to answer question on this forum will get you a combination of fanboy type opinions and rumor. At best you got some friendly conversation.

http://ati.amd.com/products/Radeonhd...uirements.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dont worry about performance the game is too buggy it will crash/stutter anyways ; )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Erdnase View Post
    it will be fine, just buy the card and start playing!
    haha ok im ordering it today. i have a 6150 right now and ut looks really bad on my card

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by gism1337 View Post
    and little to zero difference in performance?
    it will be fine, just buy the card and start playing!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yea but i have 1.0 and isn't 1.0 half of 1.1? like 4/gb and 8/gb

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol, you have nothing to worry about. Its fully backwards compatible with no performance loss, HD3850s(or hd3870s or 8800GTs) don't even use the full bandwidth of pci-e 1.1 much more pci-e 2.0

Leave a comment:

• replied
    and little to zero difference in performance?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah it will work, i don't see why it shouldn't as it backward compatible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    helppp please

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zer0kewl View Post
    i believe it is not 100% sure tough i remember reading stuff 1.0 was't fully comtable but would work
    and 1.1 was
    heck i'm not sure ;>
    i really need to know

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i believe it is not 100% sure tough i remember reading stuff 1.0 was't fully comtable but would work
    and 1.1 was
    heck i'm not sure ;>

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Hd3850

Hd3850

i have a PCI express motherboard thats 1.0 and the HD 3850 is a pci-e 2.0 card. before i get the card i want to make sure the card is backwards compatible. is this true?
Working...
X