Finally I can play.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally I can play.....

It seemed I was in the same boat as those who couldn't get UT3 to play without crashing after a few minutes, sometimes seconds, but I finally found the problem. My new build included 1066 mhz memory, which turns out is very unstable. I installed some 800 mhz ram and restarted the game to see the result. It plays flawless! A friend of mine at the local computer store mentioned that their memory supplier won't sell any of the new overclocked 1066 ram because of the trouble they've had with it.
    Any way I had to pass this on, in hopes it may help someone else.
    robert

how do you increase the RAM on your computer?

Comment

Originally posted by WWE_FAN View Post
      how do you increase the RAM on your computer?
      what do you mean?

To add more physical ram memory just open the side of your computer case and stick it onto the mainboard. its probably ddr or ddr2 ram.

To increase the speed of (or overclock) your existing ram you need to go into the bios of your mainboard,you can do this by resetting your computer and looking for the message that says "press [button] to enter setup". that button could be F2,delete....something like that. overclocking your ram is risky,read up on it first. not all mainboards allow oc'ing of any kind so if you cant find it youre out of luck.

hope this helped.

Comment

I fixed my problems with crashes by updating the soundcard driver.

Comment

I fixed my problems by changing 2 things in a .ini file to True instead of False.

Comment

Never had problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Entil'Zha View Post
              Never had problems.
              finally,im not the only one with a computer that works!

Comment

Useful info. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                X