Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to know if my friends comp can run this on Med-High Settings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to know if my friends comp can run this on Med-High Settings.

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2GHz 512KB L2 Cache
    Radeon HD 3850 256MB OC'D
    3GB DDR2 Ram 800

Will He be able to get Med-High with 30+fps?

The CPU definitely needs upgrading.

Comment

Yeah I know but you think its ok?

Comment

It will run, but I can't garuntee on 30+fps @ med-high.

Comment

Medium only then?

Comment

I have the exact same CPU. Trust Mystikal, he's right on this one. You need a better CPU.

You can probably crank everything up to 5/5 and get playable framerates, because of that video card you have, however.

Comment

Whoa for real, I thought you needed a 8800GT to do that.

Comment

Well there is playable and there is excellent. I get playable framerates on my system, but you should do a little bit better than I. As with anything that subjective, it'll be up to you to determine just how playable it is. If it's not quite up there, then look at my thread linked in my sig and see if anything there works for you as far as smoothing things out.

Comment

I'm playing with an AMD 3200+ and 6800 ultra and I can play it 30fps with everything medium. I can even enable the dynamic shadows for extra eye candy without dropping fps too

Comment

oh ok thanks

Comment

i once had 3GB [then one of them got fried] but when i was using 2GB in dual channel mode, it ran faster in tests [number wise] It was hard to tell the difference during gameplay tho.

Comment

The Gamespot UT3 hardware review indicates that there is no discernible difference between 2GB and 4GB in terms of FPS. In some experimentation with my own system with the UT3 beta demo, I couldn't tell any difference either except in load times.

Comment

At what screen res?

Originally posted by doogle View Post
                          I'm playing with an AMD 3200+ and 6800 ultra and I can play it 30fps with everything medium. I can even enable the dynamic shadows for extra eye candy without dropping fps too
                          Why does everyone neglect to specify the screen res they are running? There is a big difference between running 1024x768 on a 17" screen and on a 21" or larger screen.

Comment

Working...
                          X