AGEIA PHYSX Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AGEIA PHYSX Driver

While going insane and scrolling through pages of computer mumbojumbo i dont realy understand, I stumbled across this, that was actually installed along with my UT3, called PhysX by AGEIA , It says its a graphics processor that makes your comp run more effiecently and smoother on high end applications, such as UT3 , They have a new driver update that was put out recently, Should that be of any help to us, Stuck with the Black Screen of Death?

ok , UT3 came with some weird AGEIA drivers for some reason. Maybe thats why im crashing?

Comment

From what I understand, UT3 was developed with Ageia's PhysX engine for dealing with physics-related stuff, hence the "driver" being installed. It is normal and necessary, other games using PhysX require it to be installed too, even though you don't own a PhysX-dedicated card. That doesn't seem likely to cause BSODs on any rig. Take a look in your Control Panel, there should be an Ageia PhysX section in there, with small graphical demos. Do they work? If they do, you should search for causes to your problem in other areas imho...
      I know it sucks to have problems running a game, keep the faith & good luck...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy420 View Post
        ok , UT3 came with some weird AGEIA drivers for some reason. Maybe thats why im crashing?
        That is for the software mode of the PhysX driver, UT3 came with it and needs it to run. It's how they wrote the game. It likely has nothing to do with your problem.

Follow the troubleshooting FAQ WT posted in the stickies.

Comment

Working...
        X