Nvidia 169.09 or 163.75 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia 169.09 or 163.75 ?

Hi, just want to find out wich of these drivers plays ut3 better, or gives the best fps?

169.09 beta

would be interesting to hear from the UT team what they say.

Comment

Yea, it would

Comment

how about 169.12

Comment

Originally posted by CyB3rThuG View Post
          Hi, just want to find out wich of these drivers plays ut3 better, or gives the best fps?

169.09 beta
          The Beta drivers seems to produce some stuttering issues with my PC (spec's below)

I would recommend the 163.75 as they are the stable release at the moment.

Comment

@Maximum_jason

"If you're only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality."
            'you're' is supposed to be 'your' ?

Comment

For compatability, 163.75, for a few extra frames (and possibly some instability), 169.xx.

Comment

I don't think the 163.75 supports the new 8800GT. I am using the only official WHQL driver for it (169.02) from nvidia with no problems with stability (which can't be said for the 8800GT supported beta drivers I've tried).

Comment

Originally posted by Emig5m View Post
                  I don't think the 163.75 supports the new 8800GT.
                  That is correct. The stability issue I was referring to was hitching that some folks were having with the 169.xx gen drivers.

Comment

The new 169.13 are supposed to be good for UT3. I'm d/l them now. Will report back. You can get them from 3DGuru.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Monk View Post
                      The new 169.13 are supposed to be good for UT3. I'm d/l them now. Will report back. You can get them from 3DGuru.
                      Yep already installed them and they seem to be at least as stable as all the other 8800GT drivers ... if I didn't have a 8800GT or Crysis then I would stick with the drivers Wartourist suggested but as it is these seem to be pretty good with UT3 and they are absolutely necessary for Crysis as these drivers were made mostly with Crysis and the upcoming patch from Crytek/EA. Much like the Beta Patch 1 ver 3 I usually prefer to wait until something is WHQL but these days you have to take what you are given and be happy and hope it resolves the issues.

Edit: I didn't hear anything about them being good for UT3 though ... the release notes don't mention anything like that ... just curious where you heard that info. Is it official or some users in a forum saying that it gave them some fps improvements? If it is the latter just keep in mind that others will say the exact opposite so I don't know if you can just go by that.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post

Edit: I didn't hear anything about them being good for UT3 though ... the release notes don't mention anything like that ... just curious where you heard that info. Is it official or some users in a forum saying that it gave them some fps improvements?
                        Good question,

But knowing Nvidia, there's probably a driver release not far behind this one with UT3 fixes. I'm assuming Epic and Nvidia are trying to get their fixes done before the Xmas rush so there's not a forum flood of people complaining about nonworking Xmas games.

Anywho installing them now, will also report back on their performance on my rig.
                        (And hope to god it clears up some hitching)

Edit: There's no noticeable difference with these drivers. The hitching after a while kicks in as per usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum_Jason View Post
                          The Beta drivers seems to produce some stuttering issues with my PC (spec's below)

I would recommend the 163.75 as they are the stable release at the moment.

Agree. I had some trouble with the beta 169.xx series. The 163.75 were (for me) much more stable. Only problem is that I cannot play Crysis w/the 163.75 as it gives me some serious graphics errors.

Man...I sooo need to upgrade my mb/processor/ram/vid card. I can do it pretty cheap actually....anyone have $375.00 they can send my way? ha.

Comment

Running the 169.13, though they only seem to help Crysis...

Comment

I tried version 169.13 but it freezes all the time so i went back to 163.75 and its running good again without freezing (GeForce 8800 Ultra 768MB)

Gr Fragger

Comment

Working...
                              X