Framerates online = eww

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i am very interested to try both playing on lower ping servers if that was my mistake or trying to edit that file if that doesn't work, but i'v found another problem...when i search Internet, any game type, any for that "pure server" thing, and leave the full/empty on/off(not that that matters), it will only show maybe1 result if even. the game is still new so i would be ok if there werent many yet, but i would think that it's probably just me getting this problem, especially b/c there was one time that at least 10 or so servers came up for deathmatch. anyone else have or have heard about this happening? thanks again

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As WarTourist said, i had the same issues as you and it was down to playing on high pinged hosts. I didn't really consider it, went through all the difficult stuff with texture etc and just turns out the 3 games i played online were just very high pings.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ShadeMistress View Post
    ...and it seemed to fix alot of my problems.
    I'd be interested if that makes a difference. It sounds to me like you're playing on high ping servers. I'd recommend trying a sub 100 ping server and seeing if that makes any difference.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FeedBackTest View Post
    Pentium 4 are weak and a HD2600 is total BS so no doubt u get lag.
    QFT, seriously, that had absolutely nothing in it that helps anyone....

Anywho, I had this problem when I first installed the game, and also had server connectivity problems (timing out and losing my connection), along with crashing on the campaign cutscenes...

I did the fix to set bInitializeShadersOnDemand=False to True in the following file: C:\Programs\Unreal Tournament 3\Engine\Config\BaseEngine.cfg (I think that's the extension)

...and it seemed to fix alot of my problems.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pentium 4 are weak and a HD2600 is total BS so no doubt u get lag.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Load up instant action, Warfare, and play Floodgate. Cap the center node and walk behind the portal in the center node, if you FPS drops really low and doesn't come back up then refer the the 26 page post on how the FPS in this game blows donkey bawls. (do it on single player)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, have you tried updating your sound and video card drivers?

Are you picking servers that have the lowest possible ping.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    anyone have any suggestions at all?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Framerates online = eww

Framerates online = eww

hey guys,
    i have a pretty a nice computer (2gb RAM, pentium 4(3.4gHz), ATI radeon 2600 pro) and I can run UT3 top settings offline but when i try playign online, even if i put the settings to 800x600 with texture and world detail down all the way, i will have the worst framerate and cant do anything b/c i will be like teleporting around from the frame lag. also this has really only been on warfare maps but it's really confusing b/c I cant find anyone else with this problem anywhere online, and all the reviews say that almost any computer can run it online so why would mine not work at all? any help would be sooo appreciated b/c with how it's running right now, theres no point in even playing so im stuck with WoW and UT04 until i can find a solution. thank you very much in advance =D

EDIT: reading through posts, i found that there is another huge post about people with a similar problem...idk if it is AMD cards or something as i was reading but i havnt gotte naround to reading all 12 pages

EDIT 2: just tried deathmatch and had it on the absolute lowest possible settings and i still have such a framerate lag that if i press the fire button, i wont see it fire for 5seconds or more so it cannot be the same problem that other people are having. once again, any help at all would be very appreciated
Working...
X