any news on the patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i can confirm that all the problems i add with game freezing and crashing randomly , have now gone, after doing all that was suggested in this thread, i have been playing for a good 2 or 3 hours without a single problem

nice one

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by wassa786 View Post
    Are any of you able to play the campaign?

When the opening cinematic of the campaign starts, about after 5-10secs, the sounds freezes up and stutters along with the entire game. If I have fullscreen, usually hardboot, but if it's windowed, I just end-task.
    Does the cinematic crash FAQ suggestion help: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590086?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are any of you able to play the campaign?

When the opening cinematic of the campaign starts, about after 5-10secs, the sounds freezes up and stutters along with the entire game. If I have fullscreen, usually hardboot, but if it's windowed, I just end-task.

I'm running
    Windows XP Sp2
    AMD Turion 64-Bit 2.4GHZ processor
    2GB RAM (PC3200)
    200gb HDD
    2x7900GS 512mb

I think my specs are good enough, because I ran the demo flawlessly...

Any ideas? =/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    what can i say wartourist, i have just played 3 maps and didnt crash, seems to be alot more stable,

thanx u for the help an ur da man

now i gotta go get me some £eet skillz cause im suckin so bad omg

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the reply WarTourist.

I can offer my PC as "playground" for possible hot fixes regarding this issue... if that helps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wartourist, good to see some epic peoples here to help out.

In case you aren't aware, intermittent freezes and permanent freezes (that you must hard reset out of) are a huge problem for many users, myself included. Here are threads relating to the freezes:

Intermittent freezes: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...ghlight=UPDATE

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586018

Permanent freezes:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=587272

Hope you guys can address those issues, because i've spent hours trying to find the problem to no avail, and it is so frustrating not being able to play for more than 20-30 minutes at a time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Grisu View Post
    Another question:
    Will the so called "flickering / invisible" texture bug be fixed as well?

Description:
    From time to time the whole view becomes partly invisible and starts to "flicker" (texture on/off). Using "alt+tab" to switch out and back into the game fixes this issue for a short amount of time for most cases.

Test System:
    Tested with different NVidia drivers (latest WHQL, Beta 9, 12) as well as the UT3 1.01 beta patch (1 + 2) with no positive results.

System Specs:
    See signature below. All drivers/OS fixes up to date.

Thanks a lot, Grisu
    Hi, NVIDIA is looking into it. There's nothing in the looming patch that addresses this specifically because we're having difficulty duplicating the issue at present.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another question:
    Will the so called "flickering / invisible" texture bug be fixed as well?

Description:
    From time to time the whole view becomes partly invisible and starts to "flicker" (texture on/off). Using "alt+tab" to switch out and back into the game fixes this issue for a short amount of time for most cases.

Test System:
    Tested with different NVidia drivers (latest WHQL, Beta 9, 12) as well as the UT3 1.01 beta patch (1 + 2) with no positive results.

System Specs:
    See signature below. All drivers/OS fixes up to date.

Thanks a lot, Grisu

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i get slowdown in certain areas to and on cutomize chracter

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX9650 3.00GHz
    RAM: 4GB 2x2GB OCZ
    HDD: 4x1TB
    GFX: 7600GT (waiting on 9800gtx)

Tried 800x600 at 3 setting and 1280x768 on 3 both get weird slowdowns on certain areas of maps

Leave a comment:

• replied
    just went back and saw that.... well atleast I know that I didn't hurt my computer or anything like that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
    Ah! Coincidence. GameSpy's backend went down. Should be back up in 15 minutes.

Whew!
    Whew indeed...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DeV@oX View Post
    after letting the 4 bink videos play, the screen pops up press any button, after pressing left mouse it automaticly trys to login, (since i already made an acount an evrything, i dont have to choose username) it then halts on that screen, not letting u change or do anything apart from alt tab out of it
    exactly what I'm experiencing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank god it's not just me. I've been trying to login for the past 15 minutes or so. I get to the screen that says "click to continue" and then am taken to the login screen where for some reason I just get stuck there. At first I thought that maybe something got jacked up with my nVidia settings because I had been tinkering with those prior to loading the game back up. Nope that wasn't it. I can move my mouse around and everything looks fine except for the fact that I never actually log in. Strangest thing is that it was working just fine earlier today.

~FalseEmperor aka False

Leave a comment:

• replied
    after letting the 4 bink videos play, the screen pops up press any button, after pressing left mouse it automaticly trys to login, (since i already made an acount an evrything, i dont have to choose username) it then halts on that screen, not letting u change or do anything apart from alt tab out of it

oh right, gamespy, doh , say no more

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah! Coicidence. GameSpy's backend went down. Should be back up in 15 minutes.

Whew!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X