No announcement yet.

any news on the patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea just noticed that, all i got what looked new was the directx redist november 2007, so iv just installed that, gonna try UT3 again see if what happens

Comment

Originally posted by DeV@oX View Post
      direct x 10, dont think my card supports dx10, but anything worth a try , downloading now
      It just takes you to the DirectX Website, which of course MS is trying to **** Dx10 as much as they can.
      But the links will take you to the DirectX 9 downloads as well.
      (Just used it myself)

Comment

okies, after installing the direct x november 2007 redist

and setting this to TRUE in the UTEngine.ini

PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

iam not able to get past the login screen, on UT3, it dosent freeze or crash , i juat have to CTRL ALT DEL out of it

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
          I don't think you can download directx10 since its just a Vista thing? I thought the newest redistributible was directx9c.
          actualy they mostly do monthly updates so can expect dx update december sooner or l8r

Comment

iam not able to get past the login screen, on UT3, it dosent freeze or crash , i juat have to CTRL ALT DEL out of it
            I'm not sure I follow. On the login screen you don't have a mouse cursor or something that's preventing from logging in? If it doesn't freeze or crash, why can't you login?

Comment

yes there is a mouse cursor and u can move it around, and it just halts on the login screen , i left it for like 5 minits, but ad to CTRL ALT DEL to shut it down, tried restarting ut3, and it did exactly the same

Comment

yes there is a mouse cursor and u can move it around, and it just halts on the login screen , i left it for like 5 minits, but ad to CTRL ALT DEL to shut it down, tried restarting ut3, and it did exactly the same
                Oddly enough, after applying the November DX9c updates, I'm experiencing the same issue. It was connecting just fine previously.

WindowsXP SP2 64Bit,.
                It just hangs at the "Logging in" screen, stuck in perpetual login state.
                Otherwise everything else is working same as before...(EG: Map in the background is running no problem, mouse works...ALT+Tab out)

Comment

I apologize, but I'm still having a hard time understanding what you're experiencing. What happens when you click login? Nothing? Can you change your password or username? Can you click play offline?

On a long shot, what version of the game are you using? Russian, US, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                    I apologize, but I'm still having a hard time understanding what you're experiencing. What happens when you click login? Nothing? Can you change your password or username? Can you click play offline?

On a long shot, what version of the game are you using? Russian, US, etc?
                    After hitting a button on the "Click any button to continue" with auto logon turned to on, it tries connecting, but can't connect and won't timeout to get to the main menu.
                    Again, this just started with me as well after updating to the November 2007 DX9c. Otherwise it was logging in lickity split previously(Before applying DX9c Nov. 2007)

Comment

Ah! Coicidence. GameSpy's backend went down. Should be back up in 15 minutes.

Whew!

Comment

after letting the 4 bink videos play, the screen pops up press any button, after pressing left mouse it automaticly trys to login, (since i already made an acount an evrything, i dont have to choose username) it then halts on that screen, not letting u change or do anything apart from alt tab out of it

oh right, gamespy, doh , say no more

Comment

Thank god it's not just me. I've been trying to login for the past 15 minutes or so. I get to the screen that says "click to continue" and then am taken to the login screen where for some reason I just get stuck there. At first I thought that maybe something got jacked up with my nVidia settings because I had been tinkering with those prior to loading the game back up. Nope that wasn't it. I can move my mouse around and everything looks fine except for the fact that I never actually log in. Strangest thing is that it was working just fine earlier today.

~FalseEmperor aka False

Comment

after letting the 4 bink videos play, the screen pops up press any button, after pressing left mouse it automaticly trys to login, (since i already made an acount an evrything, i dont have to choose username) it then halts on that screen, not letting u change or do anything apart from alt tab out of it
                            exactly what I'm experiencing

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                              Ah! Coincidence. GameSpy's backend went down. Should be back up in 15 minutes.

Whew!
                              Whew indeed...

Comment

just went back and saw that.... well atleast I know that I didn't hurt my computer or anything like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X