Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any news on the patch

hi epic

any news on the patch like when is it going to be avialable and how big it is etc....

im getting realy inpatiant now cuase i wanna play

Well, the first beta patch was about 180MB. So I figure it will be 180-200MB in size.

Comment

Hi Dev. What problem are you having that's preventing you from playing?

Comment

I have a problem with both UT-2k4 and UT3. My PC remember my last few controls and repeat them for 3-4 seconds, it simply takes away my control ovet the character. It's like this. I pres W+A+LMB+mouse forward and it will repeat it. And thats with all Unreal Engine based games. No wonder I fell for 1000 places.

Comment

I still can't get my retail server to show up online.

Comment

A patch to fix the issue we're all having in this thread would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuxsonic View Post
              A patch to fix the issue we're all having in this thread would be nice.
              Hi Deuxsonic. Looking in some directions can result in slowdowns because there's more geometry, you can see farther, and in general you're drawing more "stuff".

This isn't a "bug" as I see it, just that from that perspective it wasn't possible to optimize it as well as the rest of the level.

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                Hi Deuxsonic. Looking in some directions can result in slowdowns because there's more geometry, you can see farther, and in general you're drawing more "stuff".

This isn't a "bug" as I see it, just that from that perspective it wasn't possible to optimize it as well as the rest of the level.
                This has nothing to do with specific maps. It occurs on all maps, and is independent of viewpoint (will even occur sitting at the world map.)

Comment

Originally posted by Deuxsonic View Post
                  This has nothing to do with specific maps. It occurs on all maps, and is independent of viewpoint (will even occur sitting at the world map.)
                  Hi Deuxsonix. This is was I was referring to in the first post of that thread: "Hey guys i'm getting poor performance in certain areas of maps while playing."

If that's not the problem you're experiencing, please give me the details.

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                    Hi Deuxsonix. This is was I was referring to in the first post of that thread: "Hey guys i'm getting poor performance in certain areas of maps while playing."

If that's not the problem you're experiencing, please give me the details.
                    Any time anything 3D is being rendered in-game (gameplay obviously, but also at the main menu where it's being rendered in the background and at the world map) there are serious periodic slowdowns that very suddenly occur at a very predictable interval (could be playing a match at a solid 40 FPS, for example, and after 5 minutes of playing, the framerate will suddenly dip to 15 and stay there for maybe 5 minutes (I've never actually counted the length of time in each phase, but it does feel fairly regular) and then as suddenly as it came on, it vanishes, only to occur again after another 5 minutes, as though some sort of garbage collection is turning on and off on a timer in the engine and seriously hurting performance whenever it's active. I've tried countless different combonations of settings configurations, driver updates, clean boots, patches, you name it. I am convinced that it is a bug in the game that is causing this, as other people have reported the same thing with very different hardware configurations than my own (where every component is different) which would seem to rule out any similar hardware component being the culprit.

Comment

Hi Dev. What problem are you having that's preventing you from playing?
                      same as most people i think about , about half way into a game it just freezes up , and i have to ctrl alt del, , and it spits out a UT3.exe error,

my system is a intel pentium D 3.4gig, 1.5 gig of ddr400 ram, ATI X1900 512 mb pci express card,

iv tried the catylist 7.9 drivers and early versions, and also the new 7.11, still have the same problem no matter what

Comment

Originally posted by DeV@oX View Post
                        same as most people i think about , about half way into a game it just freezes up , and i have to ctrl alt del, , and it spits out a UT3.exe error,

my system is a intel pentium D 3.4gig, 1.5 gig of ddr400 ram, ATI X1900 512 mb pci express card,

iv tried the catylist 7.9 drivers and early versions, and also the new 7.11, still have the same problem no matter what
                        Does running a clean boot help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815069?

Deuxsonic: Can you give me a rundown of your hardware, OS and drivers? You specifically tried the clean boot I linked above?

Comment

Other than the strange slowdowns (that make the game unplayable for 5 minutes at a time), I can get good performance on 3-3 at 1024x768 even with 4 year-old hardware.

XP Professional SP2
                          Pentium 4 3GHz
                          1 GB DDR400
                          GeForce 6800GT (AGP) w/ 163.75 drivers (latest beta drivers for XP cause lock-ups for me)

As far as I can tell, it's not a performance issue, because even if I set everything as low as it can go (1-1, 640x480, 50% screen size) it will still have these regular FPS drops.

Comment

Hi Deuxsonic: You're very close to the minimum system requirements which I think may be related.

Comment

UT2004 it is. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X