Game Looks Terrible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Looks Terrible

I was able to play Bioshock just fine with this laptop. I believe I have an ATI x1400, 2gb ram. But everything looks absolutely terrible and pixelated when I try to play. I'm not too savvy with this ****.. what do I need to do to fix this?

Originally posted by asanosan View Post
    I was able to play Bioshock just fine with this laptop. I believe I have an ATI x1400, 2gb ram. But everything looks absolutely terrible and pixelated when I try to play. I'm not too savvy with this ****.. what do I need to do to fix this?
    Did you bother to search the forum?

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=25112524

This is one, there are many.

Comment

Yea, I searched for "pixelated", "graphics", and "looks ugly" lol

Thanks for the link... im checking it out right now.

When I play, everything that's beyond about 10 in-game footsteps ahead is a grey blur...

Comment

Sounds like we are running similar laptops( i also have a x1400 and 2gigs of RAM), you say it looks ugly but are you able to see everything? the world only renders for me in a short area around me so i can't see who's shooting me if they are too far away. Although what i can see looks great.

Comment

Yea, I got the same issue, except everything that's around me doesn't look very good either. It looks kinda like the classic DOOM game. Haha.

Comment

Ya, i'm worried it's some weird compatibility issue with our graphics card And if that's the case stores won't let you return a game when it's opened so i hope theres some sort of solution.

Comment

Sell it on amazon.. I think I might have to do that. These tweaks seem more for enhancing game experience for cards that are working with the game.

Comment

If it looks "pixelated" you need to put go to advanced -> screen percentage set that to 100%

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
                  If it looks "pixelated" you need to put go to advanced -> screen percentage set that to 100%
                  I agree. This is typically the cause: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpo...2&postcount=16.

Comment

hey man update your driver worked for me, it's just some work to find it because i have a dell and they don't provide updates and ati makes you download a version detector thing and it blocks you from updating if you have the dell driver.

i found a version here tho so hope this helps you to:

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/...20mobility.htm

Comment

Yea, I searched for "pixelated", "graphics", and "looks ugly" lol
                      Every time I search "looks ugly" It keeps returning pictures of Cliffy with his bling hanging down over his chest hair.

Comment

Bling bling!

Comment

Thanks for the drivers. They helped. It's playable now, but it still doesn't look like the next gen game that it is. I think i'm gonna sell it but not til i've had a little fun with it. If anyone can think of ways to make it better, please let me know. I realize now that I don't have a very good video card.

Note: No advice having to do with overclocking. That ruined my old desktop vid card.

Comment

Play it on a better system if you want it to look good

Thanks for the drivers. They helped. It's playable now, but it still doesn't look like the next gen game that it is. I think i'm gonna sell it but not til i've had a little fun with it. If anyone can think of ways to make it better, please let me know. I realize now that I don't have a very good video card.

Note: No advice having to do with overclocking. That ruined my old desktop vid card.
                            You need a good rig to play UT3, not a notebook. Get a gaming desktop to play games.

Comment

Working...
                            X