Latin or German error in US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latin or German error in US?

Ok, I have no idea what has been happening lately to my game. It seems fine with a fresh install, but once I install the first beta patch, the game does this. It didn't used to though with the first beta patch.

I cannot join online games, and when I try to start a single player game, I get this error with no buttons to push, and I cannot do anything but ctrl/alt/del to terminate game.

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean mollis viverra nunc. Aliquam rutrum, massa in auctor facilisis, pede enim tempor tellus, vitae elementum velit velit sit amet felis. Nunc bidendum bibendum diam. Ut vel augue. Proin magna odio, lacinia nec, bibendum sit amet, aliquet adipiscing, orci."

Note, this is an english version of the game I bought a few weeks ago. Wondering if maybe it is some of my ini edits I have done, or what? Any help?

Thanks,
    Angelo

Oh, and my comp specs are :

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 ghz, Dual Nvidia gforce 8600gts 256 mbs, 2 gigs ram, nForce 680iLT sli motherboard w/ DDR2 800 mhz - 2 x 16 SLI, and I have it connected to my 40" Sony Bravia 2 1080

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...+dolor+amet%2C

Some guy had the error, but he said that his justs flashes real quick, too quick to get a ss of it. Mine, differs completely. It sits there until I terminate the game and try to play again. Matter of fact, it's been sitting for 10 minutes and still at the same screen.

Comment

the "latin" stuff is just a place holder that means nothing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_Ipsum

Comment

Originally posted by raganza View Post
          the "latin" stuff is just a place holder that means nothing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_Ipsum
          Ok, I understand that, my question is though, how do I fix this problem? Do I have to reinstall UT3 again? This would be my 4th install today. Or could it be a really small error in my ini's that I put in by accident?

I want to resolve this in another way than reinstalling, if possible.

Comment

Ok, this is stupid. I have reinstalled UT3 5 more times, trying multiple different tactics, and I cannot create a single player skirmish or join ANY multiplayer game due to this "latin error". It gives me the error in single player or offline play, and when I try to join a multiplayer game nothing happens when I click JOIN or double click server. It just sits at the world server list.

This sucks.

Comment

OK, this is weird. Somehow, something is linked to my account login for UT3. When I create a new account, I do not get this "latin" error message, and I can play on multiplayer no problem, everything is back to normal.

Now to figure out what in my original UT3 login is causing this little "latin" error?\

So yea, if anyone gets this latin error, I guess you have to create a new login like me, unless you figure out the problem, then plz respond. thx

Comment

About 8-9 hours ago a few people posted here and in IRC channels that they cannot login and are stuck at "Logging in..." screen. Seems this is casued by the Gamespy servers outage. In your case, it's just that problem allows you to see some stuff you wasn't intended to see. In my case, to play offline I opened console (F10), using it loaded RisingSun ("open DM-RisingSun", [Enter]) then when the map loaded hit escape and clicked "Main menu" button.

Comment

Working...
                X