Client port range?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client port range?

I did search, but only found ports for forwarding for servers. What I want is the range of ports used by the client, so I can set up QOS rules on my router.

I checked to see what ports were in use when I was connected to a server, and it seemed to be in the range 1400-1700, but it was different every time and I don't want to miss any. Specifically I am only interested in the ones used to connect to the game server, I don't care how much bandwidth is allocated to the server browser or whatever else.

I believe these are the only ones necessary, and I'm not even sure clients need the GameSpy query port:

- UDP 6500 - Gamespy Query Port
    - UDP 7777 - UT3 Game Port

Comment

Those are ports that servers listen on - destination port from my perspective - but what I want is the source port. e.g. data is sent from my PC to the server's port 7777, but the server sends stuff back to my port 1500. It's no good trying to set rules based on the destination port because server admins can and do change it from the default to other numbers which could be anything.

Comment

I got this error I get each time I try to install ut3. it stands: Error1317. An error occurred while attempting to create the directory D:\ UT 3. Any1 that can help me?

Comment

Working...
        X