No announcement yet.

Can not install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like my same issue. I also had the same problem with the demo.

Comment

Yeah, sounds like there's some conflict with installshield on these machines. Trying to get to the bottom of it with them.

I don't think formatting your HD will address this, other than potentially wiping out whatever software is causing the conflict.

Comment

Very odd.

I have a Macboo Pro, so I installed the Win XP sp2 on Parallels. Unreal Tournament 3 installed just fine on it. Somehow that is different than the very same Win XP sp2 on my pc.

Just thought to let you guys know, if it would help for some reason.

Comment

Can someone with this issue bring up the Run menu off the start button, type in "msiexec" and past the first line that pops up in this thread?

Comment

Also, anyone with the problem please let me know what version of the game you're using (Russian, US, etc).

Comment

msiexec.com says "Windows Installer V 3.01.4000.1823"

I'm using EU version of the game.

Comment

I have the new installer also, still no work for me

Comment

Thanks, passing along to coders.

Comment

do i need to keep checking this or are you going to contact us some way?

Comment

The tracked issues sticky will be updated when we have a solution.

Comment

I think best way is to subscribe to this thread. You can do that from the "Thread Tools" drop down menu at the top of this page, from there you can select either an instant email notification or just no notification, this way this thread will show up on your member page which you can access by pressing the "User CP" link right below the thread navigation bar.

Comment

alrighty then, I will keep checking that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                            Can someone with this issue bring up the Run menu off the start button, type in "msiexec" and past the first line that pops up in this thread?
                            Windows ® Installer. V 3.01.4000.1823

WarTourist, thanks for making this Sticky, and give us a hope.
                            I will wait a couple of days more with formating and reinstalling everything

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko View Post
                              Windows ® Installer. V 3.01.4000.1823

WarTourist, thanks for making this Sticky, and give us a hope.
                              I will wait a couple of days more with formating and reinstalling everything
                              Thanks Zeljko. Got word from installshield this issue was being promoted internally.

Comment

great!! hope for something soon

Comment

Working...
                                X