X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3PFC - UT3 Personal Folder Changer

UT3PFC - UT3 Personal Folder Changer

Hi all !
    I've made some batch files wich use the Junction program of Mark Russinovich,
    for allowing NT Users (2000/XP/Vista) to change their UT3 Personnel Folder located in My Documents, to the volume or partition they wants. This is similar to Symbolic Link on Unix Systems. The batch file allow you to do this easily, and to cancel this easily too. I'm not an expert for Batch file, but i wish you will like it.

Here are the link :

Rapidshare
    Megaupload

The Language prefix is attented for the Windows Version ! So if your Windows is in English, click en the ENG Bat, if he is in French, click on the FRA Bat.

Feel free to add more things, distribute, or making it compatible for your Windows Version...You just have to change the My Documents path in the Batch file, other thing are automatic.

Don't hesite to report feedback on this post.

Thanks !

Sorry for reposting but, is my post in the good section ? I'm not sure now

Comment

Doesn't work. I get "don't seem to be installed".
      I did launch the game many times before running your .bat file...

Comment

I tested at home and this is working. But maybe something is different on your configuration. Thanks for the feedback, i will try to fix it. But i also need your help !

1. What is your Windows Version ? My BAT files are for English and French version of Windows.

2. There is a Unreal Tournament 3 Folder present in your My Games folder. Normally yes dont worry. But verify and just say me Yes or No.

Thanks.

Also, you can try to do the operation manually.

Copy the files where you want , delete the original folder, run cmd, and change dir to the folder of UT3PFC , and run junction.exe with this synthax :

junction.exe <Linkname> <targetName>

Linkname is the false directory and folder of Unreal Tournament 3, deleted previously.
        TargetMane is where you have copied your files.

Good luck.

EDIT : I have seen in my mailbox, your original message. Type F: instead of F in the bat file. That was written in the Readme if i remember ^^ !

Comment

Originally posted by Blyzard View Post
          I tested at home and this is working. But maybe something is different on your configuration. Thanks for the feedback, i will try to fix it. But i also need your help !

1. What is your Windows Version ? My BAT files are for English and French version of Windows.

2. There is a Unreal Tournament 3 Folder present in your My Games folder. Normally yes dont worry. But verify and just say me Yes or No.
          1. Windows XP Pro SP2

2. Yes the folder is there

But I found another way to move the folder to where I wanted.
          I just used the "nohomedir" method and that's actually exactly what I needed.

Comment

Just run the game with "-nohomedir". This should tell it to use it's own folder.

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
              Just run the game with "-nohomedir". This should tell it to use it's own folder.
              Eeuhm...I think you missed my last post

Comment

Working...
              X