Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer crashing when dying in dark walker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer crashing when dying in dark walker!

This has happened to me 3 times now on several different maps. Exactly when dying in the dark walker, my entire computer powers off. At first I thought my psu was going bad until I realized this is a pattern with the game.

What's going on?

Intel P4 560 3.6ghz
    2gb DDR2 ram
    nvidia 7800GT

Unusual error. I have not seen that one before.

Try the troubleshooting tips in the thread listed in my sig, and let us know if that helps any. For example disable OpenAL, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
      Unusual error. I have not seen that one before.

Try the troubleshooting tips in the thread listed in my sig, and let us know if that helps any. For example disable OpenAL, etc.
      OpenAL is already disabled.

Thanks for the suggestion, I took a look at the link but it seems irrelevant. I don't think it's related to my video settings.

Comment

These crashes also screwed up the way some things display. Even tried updating my video drivers again and didn't help.

Notice how the MS calculator is zoomed in?

Another fine example. See the zoomed in send/receive window? Almost as if its scaled for 800x600 on a 1024x768 desktop. Completely out of proportion and not the size it used to be.

Certain fonts.

Comment

Any other suggestions? Preferably on how to fix my display back to normal?

Comment

bump . . .

Comment

Hi paintb4707. Do the first two of these FAQ topics help: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590086?

If not, what drivers are you running for your video card?

Comment

Originally posted by paintb4707 View Post
                This has happened to me 3 times now on several different maps. Exactly when dying in the dark walker, my entire computer powers off. At first I thought my psu was going bad until I realized this is a pattern with the game.

What's going on?

Intel P4 560 3.6ghz
                2gb DDR2 ram
                nvidia 7800GT
                Well, I've never "died" while I was in the Dark Walker.

However, after being in the dark walker for a little while, my game kept crashing. Then, I updated my Nvidia driver and DirectX, to the latest releases. I've only been in the the walker three times, since then, but it was for a loooooonnng time, in each case. At least 10 minutes the second time.

Maybe, updating DirectX will fix things up, for you.

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                  Hi paintb4707. Do the first two of these FAQ topics help: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590086?

If not, what drivers are you running for your video card?
                  Updated directx and it just happened again. As far as my video drivers go, I have the latest version (163.75) and tried reinstalling them as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X