Invalid CD key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invalid CD key

I posted this in the general chat then noticed this would be a more appropriate place.

I pre-ordered the collector's edition and it installed ok. But when I try to play it says the CD key is invalid. I have typed it out very carefully, checking many times. Tried upper and lowercase, tried changing numbers and letters that sometimes get confused (even though the font used clearly showed what they were supposed to be). Always get the same response that the CD key is invalid.

I uninstalled, deleted all UT3 stuff from the registry, reinstalled and get the same problem.

The best place to start is the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. Use it to send a message directly to Epic and I'm absolutely sure that they will do their best to help you!

Comment

Already did that a couple of days ago.

Comment

Take it back to the store and explain the problem. Get a different copy. If that doesn't help you might have another issue entirely. What, I couldn't say, but that is odd.

Comment

I've had the exact same problem. Returning the game and getting a replacement only yielded the same results. I've had three different CD Keys now, and installed from two different discs. I'm still being told my key is invalid.

To top it off, I can't get a refund either. Let me know if you find a way around this :|

Comment

Has anyone managed to get the game working?

Comment

my key is also invalid now, of course its not a cracked version ... where are the admins when you need them?

Comment

This is becoming a wide spread problem, no word from Epic yet....

Comment

Working...
                X