Unable to Respawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Respawn

This is the first time I've seen this happen, so I'm not sure if it's a problem. I was playing DM online when I got impacted. My view violently "hit the ground" (naturally), but when I clicked to respawn, nothing happened. I couldnt' respawn at all. Moreover, I was able to fly through the map, as if I had a free cam in spectator, but unlike spectator mode, I was able to fly through the walls and players. Never could respawn, so I just quit. Anybody experience anything similar?

BTW I'm running beta patch 1.

i noticed it, see here http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=588683
    I'm running beta patch 1 too.

Comment

Originally posted by kokoko View Post
      i noticed it, see here http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=588683
      I'm running beta patch 1 too.
      Yeah my controls were "reversed" as well. Glad I'm not the only one.

Comment

This is the first time I've seen this happen, so I'm not sure if it's a problem. I was playing DM online when I got impacted. My view violently "hit the ground" (naturally), but when I clicked to respawn, nothing happened. I couldnt' respawn at all. Moreover, I was able to fly through the map, as if I had a free cam in spectator, but unlike spectator mode, I was able to fly through the walls and players. Never could respawn, so I just quit. Anybody experience anything similar?
        I didn't wanna create a new topic about this, but today the exact same thing happened to me twice! When it first it happened, I thought it might be my connection or something, immediately disconnected and reconnected, which went fine. but later it happened again! (on a different server, I think)
        I've been playing this game since it's out, and never had this problem until today, but it happens twice??! what the hell!!

Comment

F10, type "reconnect" for a temporary fix
          once the game starts messing up on you, its best to exit and restart the game or else the next match will be even worse.
          When you start to see your gun not firing rounds or "invisibile amoo" for a few minutes, thats a good sign to exit the game and come back.

Comment

Originally posted by MTL
            When you start to see your gun not firing rounds or "invisibile amoo" for a few minutes, thats a good sign to exit the game and come back.
            yeah about that bug, it's SO F*CKING ENNOYING! it was already there in the first version, not fixed in the patch?!?!?! why the heck didn't they fix it???????

Comment

get it all the time =/ just netcode throwing its toys out of the pram. reconnect like the man said and its ok..still annoying when it happens RIGHT at the end of a match when the blue core was 3 points off getting popped...

Comment

what do you mean blue core, you're saying you got that bug in a Warfare map? so far it only happened to me in Biohazard, and like 10 times already. and that other bug, where you shoot invisible ammo, also seems to happen only in Biohazard. so ****ing ennoying, I just lost an intense DM match because of that respawn ****. GET IT FIXED EPIC!!! two patches and they still don't get it right.

Comment

It happens to me sometimes. All you need to do is hit f10 and type suicide. This way you dont have to reconnect and can jump right back into the action. That being said, sometimes you have to type it 3 times for it to work.

Comment

I had this happen one single time. I opened the console and typed "suicide", which I guess properly killed me for the respawner as well, after that respawning worked just like it should have

Comment

Working...
                    X