Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*sigh* guess I'll NEVER be running 5.1 surround sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*sigh* guess I'll NEVER be running 5.1 surround sound!

Well whenever I try to play with openAL enabled my game crashes during Multiplayer. So I have to leave it off, which means no 5.1 surround sound. Is there a fix for this? I'd really like to actually be able to enjoy my nice speakers/sound card instead of playing with this lame 2.1 sound in UT3 .

Which creative card are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Vidiot View Post
      Well whenever I try to play with openAL enabled my game crashes during Multiplayer. So I have to leave it off, which means no 5.1 surround sound. Is there a fix for this? I'd really like to actually be able to enjoy my nice speakers/sound card instead of playing with this lame 2.1 sound in UT3 .
      Since all the game does is tell OpenAL how to play the sounds I'd hazard a guess it's Creative's POS drivers that are crashing.

So the fix for that would be a driver update.

np: Mike Shannon - The Last Days (Possible Conclusions To Stories That Never End)

Comment

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
        Which creative card are you using?
        Sound Blaster Audigy SE (7.1, 6.1, 5.1). One of the most recent versions of the Audigy. Other game play 5.1 just fine...

Comment

I'm using the Sound Blaster Audigy also have no problems with surround sound 5.1. I did at first actually, until I adjusting my settings in the Creative Audio Console. Apparently, at default it does not sync with the control panel. So I checked it to sync, selected 5.1 and have enjoyed UT3 in 5.1 surround ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidiot View Post
            Do you have a 5.1 capable card?

Download the latest drivers from creative. I have 5.1 sound and no openAL.

SB Live 24 bit (1.004.0055 driver)

Comment

I run 4.2 because I'm odd.

Comment

Working...
              X