Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Unreal 3 be tweaked to look better than the maximum settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solidusprime View Post
    As to the OP statement can anyone point to a link of a user made screenshot that looks as good as the Epic promo shots? Here are three links to "ingame" action from before the release...

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resou...03/ut3_gdc.jpg
    http://www.beyondunreal.com/staff/ha..._E32007_10.jpg
    http://www.tech2.com/media/images/20...t3_450x360.jpg
    We've been over this in other threads, but those are assets used in the game, and probably in-engine, but those were released a year ago to give a good idea of what the game is going to look like. It's a reasonable fascimile given they were trying to show something that was not coming out for another year.

Comment

Hello Forum,

Take a look at the customize your character model everyone, notice anything different about it?

Those models are much higher poly-count with much better definition than anything currently in the game when playing. I believe those models are in the packed data but the game does not currently support them being played, those are the models you see in those screenshots, so what gives Epic? I have an 8800GT and I do love the game but why are the highest poly best looking models only playable by Epic for advertisement shots?

Obviously my PC can handle a bit more than a PS3 so unlock the goodness!
      Some Problems can be fixed by using Direct3D 10, the Anti Aliasing, better shaders and the textures will be more sharp. But the characters looks really really poor. No the polygon count for its alone, more the details of the textures of the characters. Is there any way too use other characters models.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
        ... but those are assets used in the game, and probably in-engine...
        Yea at the one place I pointed out, not during actual game play though.

My best guess is Sony did not want the PC version to look so much better than the PS3 version, that makes sense. If the PC version looked 2x better from the start we would already have comparison shots with picture tags like "PS3 can't touch this." etc. By keeping the in game assests in check with the PS3 ones the PC can't scale out to take full advantage of the engine. I bet the first expansion sees some improved visuals because that gives enough of a gap between the PS3 release.

Comment

Originally posted by LfmC View Post

Maybe some way to make it look even better?

I've tried AA but it doesn't seem to work.
          Is this the demo or retail? The demo dosen't include the highest res textures.

Comment

Originally posted by Str1der View Post
            Is this the demo or retail? The demo dosen't include the highest res textures.
            Neither can be made to look like the screenshots the OP is refering too. Take enough acid and squint in a dark room and... maybe it looks that good.

Comment

Hello Forum,

I really hope that EPIC will find a soltution for us after fixed the critical bugs.

Comment

Yea at the one place I pointed out, not during actual game play though.

My best guess is Sony did not want the PC version to look so much better than the PS3 version, that makes sense. If the PC version looked 2x better from the start we would already have comparison shots with picture tags like "PS3 can't touch this." etc. By keeping the in game assests in check with the PS3 ones the PC can't scale out to take full advantage of the engine. I bet the first expansion sees some improved visuals because that gives enough of a gap between the PS3 release.
                I believe that could be the answer and if it is so then it was not fair at all from epic..

I have previously opened a topic titled Graphic issues...1 answer came (like nobody would care about...) I highlighted that chars look so bad...and compared officially released scr shots...

However, I am quite disappointed by the fact its not an outstanding Uengine 3 product at all ... I still preordered the game...

for those who believes DX10 makes it better I've got bad news...it wont ...only AA will be supported "officially"

I've got more than an avg 100fps in 1600*1200 everything maxed out and I could get use to much better graphics...

Single player cutscenes are also awesome...cant understand why we dont have that detailed graphics

Comment

Hello Forum,

yes I get also really good frame rates. OK, the CPU Load is around 97 percent. I have also a lot of place for better models and textures.

Comment

Working...
                  X