Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe solve several issues with one little change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    This was a problem with quake 4 also with zone alarm pro . pak files in quake 4 are just zip files so everytime you tried to load a game zone pro would scan every file lol

You can add those files to the exclusion list or just turn off On-access scanning

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by magejubi View Post
    Problems with your sound getting crackly, or gameplay getting jumpy and freezing up? UT3 has a ton of small files that your antivirus constantly checks out each time they're accessed--sound files, vid files, dat. files--what a waste of cpu and memory! Sooo, add the whole UT3 folder to your AV's exclusion list. There are two other subfolders too--"search" will find them--Can't hurt to add them to the AV exclusion as well. If installation is a problem, try either disabling the AV for a few minutes, or else add UT3's setup.exe to the exclusion list. My gameplay went from "I can't believe I paid $$ for this ", to "I can't believe I got killed so fast ". Will it work for you? Who knows--but it sure can't hurt to give it a try.
    Just curious, which AV do you use? I'll try this when I get home. I have Avast.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Maybe solve several issues with one little change?

Maybe solve several issues with one little change?

Problems with your sound getting crackly, or gameplay getting jumpy and freezing up? UT3 has a ton of small files that your antivirus constantly checks out each time they're accessed--sound files, vid files, dat. files--what a waste of cpu and memory! Sooo, add the whole UT3 folder to your AV's exclusion list. There are two other subfolders too--"search" will find them--Can't hurt to add them to the AV exclusion as well. If installation is a problem, try either disabling the AV for a few minutes, or else add UT3's setup.exe to the exclusion list. My gameplay went from "I can't believe I paid $$ for this ", to "I can't believe I got killed so fast ". Will it work for you? Who knows--but it sure can't hurt to give it a try.
Working...
X