Motherboard compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motherboard compatability

since I'm going to be ordering my new pc in about a week, i really need to know whether all the parts going into it fit together, here are the parts:

1Gb XFX 7950GX2, PCI-E (x16),Mem 1300 MHz, GPU 500 MHz

160 Gb HGST

1GB MicronMajor, DDR2 PC2-6400 (800), 240 Pins, Non-ECC Unbuffered

AMD AM2 Athlon 64 5600+ Dual Core 2.8GHz, 2x 1MB Cache, Retail

MSI K9N4 Ultra-F, NF500Ultra, Socket AM2, PCI-E(x16), DDR2

my main concern is the motherboard, i have looked at the list of compatible motherboards with the GX2 on the nvidia website, but cant find any of the motherboards I'm looking at on the list, only older versions of them, so would the newer motherboards still be compatible with my card?

get a 8800gt tbh ;>
    and 2 gb ram instead off just 1
    rest seems fine dunno about mobo could go for m2n-sli deluxe is a great mobo asswell i gess as i got 1

excuse me if aren't upgrading to 7950gx2 and already gotten the card nvm me then
    also bios update probaly would make card work anyway.
    as my m2n-sli deluxe for example is quite old mobo but does support phenom x4 9500 and 9600 with an bios update.
    so dont see any reason why it would't be working.
    ofc there could still be that mobo is limiting gpu but dont think it should.

Comment

Yeah, get a 8800GT, it is faster and probably cheaper. Among various other things such as you don't have to worry about SLi drivers, and it is only DX9.

Get 2GB of quality RAM, I have not heard of the brand and you did not list the timings so I can only assume it is budget RAM.

TBH Intel is the way to go now as well, but other than that it should work together as long as the RAM is compatible with the mobo (again I have not heard of the brand so I don't know how compatible it is).

Comment

well tbh sli totaly sux has its huge dis advantage's sli profiles are pain atleast if heared.
        and then most important thing for those loving dual screen well can forget dual screen with sli setup.
        the only thing usefull to sli i would say lets say we are 3 years further can buy an 8800gtx for like 100 or 50E i do buy 1 extra put it on sli so can last little while longer.
        but think i would upgrade my whole machine before that tbh

Comment

well i can get an 8800gt for only £1.50 more, but it is a 256mb version and i don't know what differences in performance there would be.
          and about the ram, I'll see if i can find some Kingston for a similar price, but about the cpu, which Intel do you recommend getting, because the core2 duos are all way more expensive than there AMD counterparts with the same speed(athlon x2 5600+=£84 while the core2 duo E4600, which is 0.2ghz less is £85)so what do you recommend?

Comment

please guys, i need answers!

Comment

High amounts of video ram are only required if you're planning on running at very high resolutions. If you're planning on running widescreen 1600x1200+ Then you will need more video ram. If you're running on a smaller monitor and don't plan on exceeding 1024x768 or 1280x1024, 256 video ram is fine.

Processor is preference. I was all about AMD for years for price and speed, then switched to Intel about 4 years ago because they were more stable and better for multitasking. However, in those 4 years AMD has made a lot of improvements (so my friends tell me that are still all about AMD). Go with what you can afford. You'll have to upgrade again in a year or two anyways.

Comment

yes, all those parts will fit together perfectly, but like what everyone else said, I suggest getting an 8800 instead, and bumping the RAM to 2gigs

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Crazyhead View Post
                  well i can get an 8800gt for only £1.50 more, but it is a 256mb version and i don't know what differences in performance there would be.
                  and about the ram, I'll see if i can find some Kingston for a similar price, but about the cpu, which Intel do you recommend getting, because the core2 duos are all way more expensive than there AMD counterparts with the same speed(athlon x2 5600+=£84 while the core2 duo E4600, which is 0.2ghz less is £85)so what do you recommend?

e6600 or e6700
                  should't be to expansive just check other store's if cant find it cheap
                  if even seen q9450 for example priced not much more or same price or maybe cheaper here there then.
                  would't go for amd tbh i do go intel if i had the choice.
                  diference's you would only notice in screen res
                  if you got an lcd with native res off 1280x1024 it wont matter.
                  or 1280x768
                  should't matter either @ 1680x1050 or 1600x1200 only the really high resses

Comment

Working...
                  X