Unknown Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Problem

I recently purchased Unreal Tournament 3. When I start it up, the screen goes black, then I get a message saying "NO INPUT". As in, the computer is no longer sending to the monitor. The keyboard becomes unresponsive and I have to manually shut down by holding down the power button. Help please.

My rig:
    Manufacturer: Gateway
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 1022MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 195 GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300)

...bump. Seriously, guys. I want to play this game, especially after spending $60 on it.

Comment

Install the latest beta driver from the nvidia website

Originally posted by MafiaGuy7 View Post
      I recently purchased Unreal Tournament 3. When I start it up, the screen goes black, then I get a message saying "NO INPUT". As in, the computer is no longer sending to the monitor. The keyboard becomes unresponsive and I have to manually shut down by holding down the power button. Help please.

My rig:
      Manufacturer: Gateway
      Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
      Memory: 1022MB RAM
      Hard Drive: 195 GB
      Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
      Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300)
      Install the latest beta driver from the nvidia website, uninstall the current one before you attempt the new install. See if that helps.

Your performance will be poor as your hardware is old, likely 800x600 with 1-1 quality to get playable fps.

Comment

Either update your driver as oldkawman1 suggests or check your firewall or turn it off.

Comment

Hmmm... This used to happen on the old CRT monitors when you got a resolution that they didn't like. If you can, try attaching a different monitor and see if that helps. Though I would try the drivers unless changing the screen is really easy for you.

Comment

I have the latest drivers and my monitor isn't a CRT.

Comment

Working...
            X