• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by msny View Post
    Look in here.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=585666

Try this also, fixed my issues and now the game is playable.

First is in UTEngine.ini

Changed :
    Into: PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

Second is in UTEngine.ini

Changed:
    Into: bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True

Third is ingame (or ini-modifiable too I think)

Changed: Enabled OpenAL audio (I think that's what's it called)
    to disable.

Forth in UTEngine.ini

Change

Into: UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=True
    thanks, but I already tried all of that

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some people are finding the beta nvidia drivers to be unstable. See this thread (and read the next page of postings in it, too).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SMooTHRiLL View Post
    this is a bumply bump
    Look in here.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=585666

Try this also, fixed my issues and now the game is playable.

First is in UTEngine.ini

Changed :
    Into: PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

Second is in UTEngine.ini

Changed:
    Into: bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True

Third is ingame (or ini-modifiable too I think)

Changed: Enabled OpenAL audio (I think that's what's it called)
    to disable.

Forth in UTEngine.ini

Change

Into: UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=True

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this is a bumply bump

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JustAnotherFool View Post
    Odd... I get stuttering when I walk, but not when I move the mouse in online games.

The game runs 100% fine in offline.
    I join a multiplayer game with low ping and everything is fine until I try walking then it starts skipping. However if I stand still and just look around everything runs fine again and nobody around is lagging at all.

What's even stranger is that it was working fine this morning, but now it's unplayable...

Any theories? I doubt it's hardware since the offline works flawlessly, and it's not the graphics settings as I've tried them up and down and was playing fine on them earlier, and it's not the connection since it's fine as long as I don't walk and the initial ping is low?
    yeah really strange indeed, and I have no clue what would cause this, especially if you have n't experienced the problem be4

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mr Songwriter View Post
    Well if you're moving the camera around, the game engine is having to redraw a lot more objects than if you're just moving straight forward, so maybe your video settings are too high for the system you've got.
    not really. Rest of new games work fine, and Pentium Dual Core 3.0GhZ with Nvidia Gforce 8600GTS should do just fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the same stuttering, but constantly and windowed or full screen and at any resolution or video/sound options. It just stutters all the time. Funny thing is it only stutters when I move the camera, not when I walk one way without moving my mouse.
    Odd... I get stuttering when I walk, but not when I move the mouse in online games.

The game runs 100% fine in offline.
    I join a multiplayer game with low ping and everything is fine until I try walking then it starts skipping. However if I stand still and just look around everything runs fine again and nobody around is lagging at all.

What's even stranger is that it was working fine this morning, but now it's unplayable...

Any theories? I doubt it's hardware since the offline works flawlessly, and it's not the graphics settings as I've tried them up and down and was playing fine on them earlier, and it's not the connection since it's fine as long as I don't walk and the initial ping is low?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This works for me--maybe it'll help others too

I play on high, and smooth too--but it wasn't that way to start with...lots of stuttering, choppiness, and 1-2 second freezes...take your whole UT3 folder, and add it to your anti-virus exclusion list. No sense wasting all that memory and cpu power to scan your game with every breath it takes. Run "search". There are two other UT3 sub-folders. Can't hurt to add them to the AV exclusion list too. (I haven't used any patches yet). I've played Deathmatch to Warfare, and it's been smooth and skip free. No glitches or problems with sound to speak of.

Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro
    Asus 8800gts
    Corsair ddr2/800 4.4.4.12 4gig
    XP x64 sp2
    Pent D 3.4 no o/c
    onboard SoundMax

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I had unplayable stuttering until I turned world detail down to 1 (from 5). Game runs smooth now....well with its occasional glitches ofcourse

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't remember having the problem in the demo, but it's very bad in the retail.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320MB
    2GB RAM

Leave a comment:

• replied
    didnt have this problem in bioshock or MoH: Airborne...had both those games maxed
    as well as i have tried putting the settings to low...nothing changed

(nvidia 8600GTS)
    (intel e6550 2.4ghz)
    (2GB DDR2 ram)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Our issue however is the stuttering constantly, not just first couple of minutes. And only when I move the camera.
    Well if you're moving the camera around, the game engine is having to redraw a lot more objects than if you're just moving straight forward, so maybe your video settings are too high for the system you've got.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    im having the same issue -_-

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [404]Cham3l3on View Post
    See my thread and try what I suggest. I have been noticing it online, but if my suspicion is correct, it may hold true offline as well.
    I've checked your thread, but I only play offline, so I can't tell you anything about online. Our issue however is the stuttering constantly, not just first couple of minutes. And only when I move the camera, not when I just walk, jump shoot whatever without moving my mouse then everythign's very smooth. I really don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    See my thread and try what I suggest. I have been noticing it online, but if my suspicion is correct, it may hold true offline as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X