Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuttering/ hitching during gameplay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Stuttering/ hitching during gameplay

    This probably has been mentioned already, but I get stuttering and hitching during game play, even though I have high framerate. It's really awful at the start of a map.

    Is there a setting in the ini I can adjust that someone may know about? Or am I waiting on the patch?

    I'll check my video drivers later when i get time....

    Thanks for any help.

    #2
    Alot of us are getting this. I am waiting for the patch. But post your system specs. Unlikely, but Maybe someone has a similar setup and has resolved the problem. Epic has not given me an official answer to my inquiry about the problems I am having (which are similar to yours), so I guess we are a user to user community without support from the maker.

    Just reduce graphics to the lowest settings, reduce your resolution to 800x600, and work your way up. Find your systems medium and stick to it until patch is out. Only advice I can give you. If you want to uncap framerate and all of that mess, your on your own - I see no point in getting into all of that until you get your system to run the game the way it should.

    Comment


      #3
      Funny you this is mentioned, as I get the same stuttering, but when I play in windowed mode, it works fine, try that and see how you go. I set my desktop to 1600x1200 and it runs smooth. I have latest drivers and updates, so it looks to be a patch fix, guess we just have to wait!

      I think it's a video card problem, running a 7950GT here.

      Comment


        #4
        I have the same stuttering, but constantly and windowed or full screen and at any resolution or video/sound options. It just stutters all the time. Funny thing is it only stutters when I move the camera, not when I walk one way without moving my mouse. Does anybody make sense out of this?
        what is curious, I have the same problem with Hellgate London.

        Comment


          #5
          See my thread and try what I suggest. I have been noticing it online, but if my suspicion is correct, it may hold true offline as well.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by [404]Cham3l3on View Post
            See my thread and try what I suggest. I have been noticing it online, but if my suspicion is correct, it may hold true offline as well.
            I've checked your thread, but I only play offline, so I can't tell you anything about online. Our issue however is the stuttering constantly, not just first couple of minutes. And only when I move the camera, not when I just walk, jump shoot whatever without moving my mouse then everythign's very smooth. I really don't get it.

            Comment


              #7
              im having the same issue -_-

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by SMooTHRiLL View Post
                Our issue however is the stuttering constantly, not just first couple of minutes. And only when I move the camera.
                Well if you're moving the camera around, the game engine is having to redraw a lot more objects than if you're just moving straight forward, so maybe your video settings are too high for the system you've got.

                Comment


                  #9
                  didnt have this problem in bioshock or MoH: Airborne...had both those games maxed
                  as well as i have tried putting the settings to low...nothing changed

                  (nvidia 8600GTS)
                  (intel e6550 2.4ghz)
                  (2GB DDR2 ram)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I don't remember having the problem in the demo, but it's very bad in the retail.

                    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
                    nVidia 8800 GTS 320MB
                    2GB RAM

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I had unplayable stuttering until I turned world detail down to 1 (from 5). Game runs smooth now....well with its occasional glitches ofcourse

                      Comment


                        #12
                        This works for me--maybe it'll help others too

                        I play on high, and smooth too--but it wasn't that way to start with...lots of stuttering, choppiness, and 1-2 second freezes...take your whole UT3 folder, and add it to your anti-virus exclusion list. No sense wasting all that memory and cpu power to scan your game with every breath it takes. Run "search". There are two other UT3 sub-folders. Can't hurt to add them to the AV exclusion list too. (I haven't used any patches yet). I've played Deathmatch to Warfare, and it's been smooth and skip free. No glitches or problems with sound to speak of.

                        Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro
                        Asus 8800gts
                        Corsair ddr2/800 4.4.4.12 4gig
                        XP x64 sp2
                        Pent D 3.4 no o/c
                        onboard SoundMax

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by SMooTHRiLL View Post
                          I have the same stuttering, but constantly and windowed or full screen and at any resolution or video/sound options. It just stutters all the time. Funny thing is it only stutters when I move the camera, not when I walk one way without moving my mouse.
                          Odd... I get stuttering when I walk, but not when I move the mouse in online games.

                          The game runs 100% fine in offline.
                          I join a multiplayer game with low ping and everything is fine until I try walking then it starts skipping. However if I stand still and just look around everything runs fine again and nobody around is lagging at all.

                          What's even stranger is that it was working fine this morning, but now it's unplayable...

                          Any theories? I doubt it's hardware since the offline works flawlessly, and it's not the graphics settings as I've tried them up and down and was playing fine on them earlier, and it's not the connection since it's fine as long as I don't walk and the initial ping is low?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Mr Songwriter View Post
                            Well if you're moving the camera around, the game engine is having to redraw a lot more objects than if you're just moving straight forward, so maybe your video settings are too high for the system you've got.
                            not really. Rest of new games work fine, and Pentium Dual Core 3.0GhZ with Nvidia Gforce 8600GTS should do just fine.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by JustAnotherFool View Post
                              Odd... I get stuttering when I walk, but not when I move the mouse in online games.

                              The game runs 100% fine in offline.
                              I join a multiplayer game with low ping and everything is fine until I try walking then it starts skipping. However if I stand still and just look around everything runs fine again and nobody around is lagging at all.

                              What's even stranger is that it was working fine this morning, but now it's unplayable...

                              Any theories? I doubt it's hardware since the offline works flawlessly, and it's not the graphics settings as I've tried them up and down and was playing fine on them earlier, and it's not the connection since it's fine as long as I don't walk and the initial ping is low?
                              yeah really strange indeed, and I have no clue what would cause this, especially if you have n't experienced the problem be4

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X