New Nvidia Driver issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Nvidia Driver issues

Driver 163.75 from nvidia has issues with certain cards (thx BuzzedAgain for help with that). My fan doesn't speed up under load on my evga 8800 GTS super overclocked or 8800 GT (what we tested). I had crashes after a few mins along with some flickers. I reverted back to 158.something which is what i used before and crashes stopped.
    I know this isn't everyones problems but this would prob explain alot of issues. Epic has many more issues to resolve and hopefully the hurry cause there are many, many empty servers.
    I would hate to see the PC world move away from this game series considering we made it what it is.

I strongly agree. I've never had such issues with my system until this game came out. I even bought vista... thought it was such a piece of ****, I reinstalled XP... and I still rate that second worst computer experience second only to this UT3 compatibility issue.

Been in front of my computer going on 2 days (with sleep in between) trying to get this **** to stop locking up.

Comment

Check out omega drivers, they possibly could be the fix that I've been looking for.

Comment

I have been building many gaming systems just for play on UT3. These computers have had fresh installations for Windows XP/Vista and all have had issues. Omega is ussually ontop of driver glitches Puppy has a good suggestion.

Comment

hey cobra, so you're saying yours is not working at all too?? I can't believe how badly bugged this game is, it's shocking.

Comment

I got 2 machines to work by installing older drivers. I have 2 other machines that just won't play online or instant action. I am not upset, I charge people for my work and if Epic has no answers, I can find the fix and make a buck $$$. Not everyone has money to spend so I am more than happy to help out on these forums.

Comment

right ok that's cool. So you're saying that I need to roll back my Nvidia card drivers in order for the game to work? Perhaps the issues are with the new Nvidia drivers, but all other games I have work fine. I just want a fix for this fast, because it's just getting frustrating having it sit here on my desk, and me not being able to play it!

Comment

I dont' necessarily remember the driver versions of forceware that I've used but on games that are suppose to run smoothly on almost any main-stream and even low-end PCs (Source/Half-Life engined or Unreal engined) my games would crash during gameplay and funky artifacts would show up for a quarter of a second, following with the black screen of death (Video card... you dead man? )

I end up having to get RivaTuner to tell my video card to stay fanning at 100% compared to the 25% default (like wtf...?)

My my video card is FUBARED, or maybe the drivers did the FUBARING... but if any of your video cards end up spontaneously combusting (burning out) then check if your fan speed is running at 100%... that's all I have to say

P.S. 163.75 is running pretty nicely on my machine. I'm just waiting for the phat UT3 patch

Comment

Im running 169.09 beta's originally for compatibilty issues for crysis...works a charm

Hehe my gfx card aint got no fan...for some bizzare reason xD. I use an external one currently pointed at my half naked tower cooling my GPU...never gets over 52 degress C on max load anymore...before my 7600gs got up to...yup..82 DEGREES!!! x_x!!!!!!!! upgrading soon and making sure i get some dam proper cooling too!

I hope it didnt take its toll lol...didnt do it for long luckerly. + My graphics cards memory is overclocked by about 65% from 270 to 440. So i got a benefit there too.

Im just glad I can run it so well at high settings

Comment

Working...
                  X