-Precaching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-Precaching?

All of the sudden when changing maps or logging on to a server UT3 says its precaching. Did i accidentally dork something up in the UTEngine.ini file? Does anyone know how to turn it back off, it makes the maploads take twice as long .

I know there is an option in the engine.ini file but I can't remember it to save my life. Though that's where you want to look.

Comment

Did you disable map loading at startup? This happened to me with the beta-demo when I disabled map loading.

Comment

Have u installed the beta patch recently? This happened to me after i installed it.

Comment

Originally posted by jedimaniac View Post
          Have u installed the beta patch recently? This happened to me after i installed it.
          Yes I did

Comment

Do you guys think that deleting the UTEngine.ini file, thereby forcing UT3 to generate a new one, will fix my problem? I only have a couple things customized in it so far so i'm not losing much.

Comment

I have the same problem, but only started happening last week, i have not altered any files nor installed the Beta Patch

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Tea View Post
                Do you guys think that deleting the UTEngine.ini file, thereby forcing UT3 to generate a new one, will fix my problem? I only have a couple things customized in it so far so i'm not losing much.
                Yep, though it's not a "problem". The precaching goes on either way, but with the map loading movie disabled, you can see the "pre-caching" text now .

Comment

How do I set the server up so that it precaches in a way that it shows loading screens like when you play in SP... I know PHX's BTA server is set up like this (at least it was, dunno how it's now)

Comment

Working...
                  X