Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Cd-key saving problem. News! Try to confirm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cd-key saving problem. News! Try to confirm

My problem is that the game doesn't seem to save the cd-key properly (the other settings are saved though) so I'm asked about it rather often. I think I've discovered something interesting: usually I disable my internet connection and my antivirus when I play off-line (campaign) and, of course I enable them to play multiplayer. I've found out that if I digit the cd-key in an off-line session (connection disabled) I won't be asked about it in later off-line sessions. However, if I enable my internet connection to play multiplayer then I'm asked about the cd-key. It works reverse as well: the "on-line" cd-key is saved as long as I don't try to disable my internet connection and play off-line.

Please, to verify this, try to disable your internet connection and start UT3. Are you asked for your cd-key? If the answer is yes, Epic should take notice for the next patch.

Filippo

I have noticed that when I try to play offline without a connection, I have to input the CD key. Rather annoying, honestly.

Consider the issue verified.

Now all we need is a patch.

Comment

Thank you very much! I hopo we'll get the patch soon.

Filippo

Comment

this is exactly what i noticed and i just wanted to open a thread :>
        this kinda sucks, since i'm on ISDN atm and i'm playing offline sometimes especially because of the singleplayer and then i want to play online again. entered the key about 30times now (and counting...)

Comment

Have you tried adding -nohomedir to the shortcut? ("D:\games\unreal tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -nohomedir) This fixed CD key issue with other people

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...=585930&page=2

Comment

Originally posted by fnh123 View Post
            Have you tried adding -nohomedir to the shortcut? ("D:\games\unreal tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -nohomedir) This fixed CD key issue with other people

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...=585930&page=2

Yes, I've tried that but it doesn't work for this particular issue. The key is saved as long as you don't connect or disconnect internet. Weird. I've worked arround the problem simply keeping the internet connection enabled even when I simply want to play the campaign. My computer is powerful enough to handle the antivirus in the background. I guess (hope?) that Epic will fix the problem with a patch soon enough.

Comment

Ok, I'll look into this as well, thanks!

Comment

cdkey trouble too!!

Hi, i'm having trouble with the cdkey too...
                And i have the internet connection on!! So at least in my situation it has nothing todo with being online/offline at all.

any solutions for that?!?!

does EPIC know about this issue?!?!

Best regards,
                Juan

www.roadkillwarriors.com
                Madmax mod for UT3 soon....

Comment

I have two network cards--PCI and motherboard. I updated both drivers. Both times, after the update I had to re-enter the CD key when I started the game.

Comment

I also noticed that after plugging in my CD key the second time, my controls reset to default mode

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid-Dreams View Post
                      I have two network cards--PCI and motherboard. I updated both drivers. Both times, after the update I had to re-enter the CD key when I started the game.
                      Had to do the same after I upgraded my network drivers.

Also have the same problem with the online / offline situation. I don't mind entering the CD key though at the moment .. I'll wait for an official fix before I start changing files on my own

Comment

I don't have this problem.

But if i delete the UTEngine.ini located in the folder ...\my games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\ this game will re-ask me for cd-key.

Comment

guys,

maybe a solution.

i always start my pc get something to drink and eat the i login windows vista.
                          when i start up skype or msn he losses his password the same with ut 3 cd key.
                          i disable vista to login with a password and this solves my problem.
                          i don't know how but when u let the login windows of vista to long it losses his settings after a restart it's ok your passwords are back

Comment

Thank you for the info Little_Sister. Unfortunately I'm playing on a Win Xp system. I think I'll adopt Strikeratt's philosophy. I'll leave the internet connection enabled or I'll simply re-enter the cd-key once in a while (I've memorized it by now, so I don't even need to look in the manual). This problem is a very little one compared to the ocean of crashes and freezes other people are experiencing. I think I'm pretty lucky and I will simply enjoy the game. I hope that a patch will solve this problem (as well of course the crashes that is affecting other players) very soon.

Comment

Add me to the list of people having this problem. It seems that connecting to my vpn at work, then disconnecting causes this to happen.. very weird. I'm running Vista btw.

Comment

Working...
                              X