Glad ta see folks likin the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thought i'd happily let anyone interested know that i finally got this game ta work on my rig. I got 2gigs of ram and it looks like that was my main problem. One gig of ram just wasn't enough for my system to get it rolling.
    I think that this game just demands a finely tuned computer to run it. Thats just my opinion, i've got no claims to any kind of expertise. I learn just enough ta get things runnin as good as keeps me happy.
    This is one weird freak of a game ta install tho. It messed with my settings, and changed things, and seems to have deleted some of my system restore settings. Maybe it was elves or something that did that, but i'm thinkin this game is a freak. It is fun ta play tho.
    I'll keep readin this forum ta get some more tune up tweaks.Thanx for the input

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's interesting what ya say about the 1 gig of ram, VPuppy. I haven't heard that one yet. I like it though, cause I ordered 2 gigs of ram from newegg while ago. I'm thinkin that this game is just finding all the weaknesses in all the computers, cause i've read lots of people installing and playin just fine.
    I am gonna reinstall all my drivers. Or should i say: re-reinstall my drivers using this formula :
    1. uninstall drivers.
    2. reboot.
    3. run driver cleaner.
    4. reboot.
    5. install new drivers.
    6. reboot.
    I hadn't done that and i may have leftover peices of drivers confusing my system about which ones ta use and such. Somebody from another post suggested this way of doing driver installs, and i think it could be important. i remember fixing something a long time ago with this procedure. i think it was some ati vid card drivers. it worked for me. i'm nvidia now, but still...
    If it works i'll happily post my success. thanx for the input

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Minimum settings specify 512MB, however, it seems that a lot of people who have specifically 1GB ram have a disproportional number of crashes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wasted Time View Post
    I'm now wondering if 1 Gig of ram is enough?
    I think the amount of RAM that the game uses depends on what video settings you make and 1 Gb of RAM is cutting it a bit fine, running at 1280 x 1024 with minimum settings it uses pretty close to 1 GB on my rig and if I max out the video settings it uses 1.6 GB so you could try setting World and texture detail to 1. You could also try defragging your hard drive.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah this game is great.

Then you realize how **** the ai is.

Then it crashes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just out of curiosity disable your soundcard and try it then.
    I`v heard(not sure if its true though)that certain soundcards are causing the game to freeze as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    With SLI on works the same as with SLI off. As in, it doesn't work past the ' press fire to begin' without freezing up.
    I'm now wondering if 1 Gig of ram is enough? I've just about given up. I'm almost convinced that epic is just being cruel by taking my money and then having me do all this work, and using up all this time. I don't mind searching for the answer, but after a while it just gets ridiculous. I'm past ridiculous and way into the land of feeling cheated and foolish. Oh, and don't forget helpless. I wonder what the percentage of games bought actually works?
    Nevertheless, I still want my UT3 ta get workin. I wonder how long i'll have ta wait.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wasted Time View Post
    Oh, i forgot i'm running 2 nvidia 7600gt in SLI mode.
    UT2004 works great. But i want some UT3.
    those are fine,ran the beta demo for me very respectably

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've read lots of complaints about SLI... have you tried disabling it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh, i forgot i'm running 2 nvidia 7600gt in SLI mode.
    UT2004 works great. But i want some UT3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really was just waitin for whatever big fix is a comin., but since ya asked:

dfi nv4 expert lanparty mobo
    athlon fx dual core 4200
    xp
    1gig mushkin P3500 ram 2x512mb
    audigy 2 soundcard
    seagate sata 250 3.0G hd

It seems i'm inchin my way up to actually playing. I've tried all the fixes i've read about here. Newest drivers on everything. False ta True on those little hacks. Not all, but by incriments some of these changes move me closer. Its strange.
    It started with not being able to activate. Just freezing at the first splash screen, then black screen and reboot or bsod. Then the True, False changes in those little files, and i got it goin enough ta activate. Then i could get into settings and such, but it would freeze at the screen right before the action starts. The last thing i did was click openAL or whatever that is to ON. I had read turn off but..... Once i turned it on, i got all the way ta 'press fire to join', and it froze right there. That's all the freezes and reboots i can handle for today.
    That's where i'm at. Does that make sense?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dr3thepooner View Post
    What are your specs? OS ...?
    Like he said, what are the specifications on your computer, what processor do you have what video card do you have how much ram do you have?

What happens when you try to run the game? Do you get an error message?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You're welcome to ask for advice here. Good attitudes are always welcome and appreciated. :-P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What are your specs? OS ...?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Glad ta see folks likin the game

Glad ta see folks likin the game

I'm sad cuz i can't get it ta work. i'd like ta play too. 50 bucks for three days worth of headache tryin ta get to the battlefields. It shouldn't be this hard. Downloaded it too, so i can't get my money back from direct2drive. I don't want my money back. I want ta play UT3. Please. I'll be good. I promise. Not askin for advice on how ta get it workin. Already been thru that. Now i've just got ta wait for the patch or the secret answer ta get it goin on my machine. Please hurry epic and find the difference between these folks machines that are happily playin, and my machine which is so longing to properly load up and run your much praised UT3. I want it to be MY much praised UT3.
    Thanx. I just needed ta say that. I feel a little better now.
Working...
X