Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Crashes + Blue Screen of Death

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Random Crashes + Blue Screen of Death

    Hi all,

    I am having some issues with UT3 crashing and blue screening my pc. Before I start with the symptoms I would first like to ask why epic don't have a clear route to email them with bug reports and technical support issues? I played the UT3 demo and I had the same issues that I am having now, I submitted the bug through the BETA forum and within a week the bug was rectified and I could happily play the demo.

    Unfortunately they do not seem to have incorporated the bug fixes into the full release?!?! Ok, so the symptoms I am having are:

    1) Game will crash back to the desktop randomly (perhaps after 5-20 mins of play) with a message telling me there is a problem with the program. If I then try to restart my PC it will blue screen. Sometimes it will blue screen very shortly after crashing. I got a quick look at the bsod message and it mentioned something about the video card getting stuck in an infinite loop?

    2) If I play UT3 without it crashing in game and then try to restart my pc I get a blue screen of death crash.

    All of my drivers are up to date and I have no other issues running anything else. Full system specs are:

    Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3Ghz
    Gigabyte GAP3-DS3R (F6 Bios)
    4GB OCZ PC6400 RAM
    Asus EN8800 Geforce 8800GTX
    Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality
    Windows Vista x64

    Is anyone having the same or similar issues to me? Also, where is the best place to submit a bug?

    Cheers.

    #2
    Try updating your video card drivers to the latest possible version (I don't know for Vista, but I'm using 169.09 for xp, they're beta). If the video card is stuck in an infinite loop, always update your drivers. No Windows Update bull****, but www.nividia.com drivers. Also, make sure all your other drivers are up to date, including soundcard, processor (if applicable), motherboard, so on.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Tassadaru View Post
      Try updating your video card drivers to the latest possible version (I don't know for Vista, but I'm using 169.09 for xp, they're beta). If the video card is stuck in an infinite loop, always update your drivers. No Windows Update bull****, but www.nividia.com drivers. Also, make sure all your other drivers are up to date, including soundcard, processor (if applicable), motherboard, so on.
      Yeh, all drivers are up to date. I have updated at nvidia.com. I had the exact same issue with the demo but epic released an update and sorted out the problem I was having. Now the full release is out I am having the same problems.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by spooks1982 View Post
        Yeh, all drivers are up to date. I have updated at nvidia.com. I had the exact same issue with the demo but epic released an update and sorted out the problem I was having. Now the full release is out I am having the same problems.
        Well then you'll have to wait for a stable patch :| or somesort of fix/tweak that could help you.

        Comment


          #5
          I had same problem try this

          http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=587511

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Tassadaru View Post
            Well then you'll have to wait for a stable patch :| or somesort of fix/tweak that could help you.
            I think it is pretty shocking that they didn't roll the beta fixes into a patch to be released immediately after the game was released.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Reversal View Post
              I'll try that one tonight. Thanks.

              Comment


                #8
                I had the 169.09 for my evga 8800 gts. game ept crashing due to vid card over heating. fan wouldn't kick up under load. i went back to the 158.something driver and crashes stopped.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by [EX3]Cobra_XP View Post
                  I had the 169.09 for my evga 8800 gts. game ept crashing due to vid card over heating. fan wouldn't kick up under load. i went back to the 158.something driver and crashes stopped.
                  Thanks for the input, I don't think that the graphics card is overheating. I can run the beta demo just fine with the patch that epic released for it. I am getting the crashes because they haven't released the same fix that they did for the beta demo to the full blown retail edition. Not happy at all, epic - sort it out!

                  Does anyone have an email address I can submit the bug to?

                  Thanks.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X