No announcement yet.

UT3 Freezing (100% CPU Usage???)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted screenshots here. I just noticed recently through testing that my AMD 6400+ Unlocked was running at 100% all the time. The Kernel also seems abnormally high.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...586465&page=38

Comment

Yes, 100% usage is normal

Originally posted by spyte View Post
      I posted screenshots here. I just noticed recently through testing that my AMD 6400+ Unlocked was running at 100% all the time. The Kernel also seems abnormally high.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...586465&page=38
      It's 100% both cores for me and everything is fine. Normal to use 100% of computer.

My obsolete specs;
      Opty 180 @ 2.6GHz
      DFI Infinity NF4 SLI (nforce 6.85 driver)
      2GB DDR400 (value ram)
      2 X 7950GT 570MHz 512MB SLI (169.04 driver)
      Ageia PhysX (1.1.1.14 driver)
      SB Live 24 bit (1.004.0055 driver)
      XP64 pro SP2 until Linux port arrives (AMD Dual-Core Optimizer)
      1600x1200, 3-3 quality, 39-85 FPS (I set a 85 FPS cap for offline)
      1600x1200, 3-3 quality, 26-70 FPS PhysX maps

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
        It's 100% both cores for me and everything is fine. Normal to use 100% of computer.

My obsolete specs;
        Opty 180 @ 2.6GHz
        DFI Infinity NF4 SLI (nforce 6.85 driver)
        2GB DDR400 (value ram)
        2 X 7950GT 570MHz 512MB SLI (169.04 driver)
        Ageia PhysX (1.1.1.14 driver)
        SB Live 24 bit (1.004.0055 driver)
        XP64 pro SP2 until Linux port arrives (AMD Dual-Core Optimizer)
        1600x1200, 3-3 quality, 39-85 FPS (I set a 85 FPS cap for offline)
        1600x1200, 3-3 quality, 26-70 FPS PhysX maps
        If so, why have I never had a game before use my CPU like that. I have/had a lot of PC games in the past/present. I have never seen a load like that on any of my processors; even ones that are new! With all settings maxed out.

Comment

What are your specs?

Originally posted by VIOLATER View Post
          If so, why have I never had a game before use my CPU like that. I have/had a lot of PC games in the past/present. I have never seen a load like that on any of my processors; even ones that are new! With all settings maxed out.
          This game is the most cpu, and gpu hungry game to date. What are your specs? Are you running Vista 32? Vista 32 has issues, here is a hot fix

http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows..._hotfixes.html

Better off with XP than Vista 32.

Many other issues with drivers as well on the 8800 cards, OpenAL, and the X-Fi drivers. You do not need OpenAL. You need all the latest drivers. You need a clean setup, see the troubleshooting FAQ sticky posted by WT.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
            This game is the most cpu, and gpu hungry game to date. What are your specs? Are you running Vista 32? Vista 32 has issues, here is a hot fix

http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows..._hotfixes.html

Better off with XP than Vista 32.

Many other issues with drivers as well on the 8800 cards, OpenAL, and the X-Fi drivers. You do not need OpenAL. You need all the latest drivers. You need a clean setup, see the troubleshooting FAQ sticky posted by WT.
            I am using XP Pro SP2. I just installed the patch 1.1. I just put in my new 2GB set of RAM also. I was on 1Gb for a few weeks. I had a stick fry on me. I have the 8800GTX w/169.09 drivers. C2D E6600 CPU. 680i Motherboard & the X-Fi Fatal1ty that I can't use with this game or Gears of War. If I do it crashes. So I use the onboard. I played tonight in instant campaign for a while. I just wanted something to kill. Didn't feel like getting into the online play. I also beat the campaign already. Beat that like a week and a half ago. Anyway, with all settings maxed in the video and advanced areas I played like a fiddle. Smooth, no freezes, no stuttering at all. It was perfect. Frame rate was good. no visable sheering or flickering. It was just as smooth as UT2K4. Plays like a movie. Although, my CPU is at 100% nearly the whole time. So I can't really complain. Works perfect aside from that. I am thinking of getting a quad core & maybe another GTX when I get my tax rebate in a couple months. So I can go SLI. We file as soon as we have our W2's. In January. So hope that helps. It would be nice to be able to use my X-Fi at least though. Hope someone comes out with a fix for that..

Comment

Are you serious?! -100% CPU on both cores!

are you guys serious that it is normal for this game to bar both of my cores to 100%? does anyone else think thats a little ridiculous?!

here are my specs:

Vista Ultimate 64
              AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
              2GB ram
              Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 512MB

I'm not saying that my system is the top of the line, just saying it should be adequate enough to support a game in which im meeting the system requirements for (nearly doubling according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal_Tournament_3). AND this is with detail and texture turned down..

thanks epic for taking my money and giving me a game that is playable..but definitely not enjoyable with system lag and choppy game play...

Comment

ive never seen a game not use 100% cpu... even counter strike, and this game is defintely good enough to max out a 4400+

Comment

Originally posted by elec View Post
                  are you guys serious that it is normal for this game to bar both of my cores to 100%? does anyone else think thats a little ridiculous?!

here are my specs:

Vista Ultimate 64
                  AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
                  2GB ram
                  Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 512MB

I'm not saying that my system is the top of the line, just saying it should be adequate enough to support a game in which im meeting the system requirements for (nearly doubling according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal_Tournament_3). AND this is with detail and texture turned down..

thanks epic for taking my money and giving me a game that is playable..but definitely not enjoyable with system lag and choppy game play...

It is crazy. I have never seen that before. It means the game is not optimized properly.

The only other time I have encountered that happening was in a old game I tried to play on my current setup. I was told that's because the game is not configured to work on the newer PC hardware.

Comment

Bump...

Keep it alive... i'm still crashing in middle of a game damm....

Comment

I found a solution that worked for me and now I am not nearly in as bad a situation as far as my CPU is concerned.

I don't remember where I found this last week or so but figured some others probably needed this as well

I don't know what this does but it fixed my freezes in editor, hitching in game, and crashes in both.

In the shortcut path for Unreal

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -onethread

That fixed the CPU issue and I haven't had any others yet so try it if like me you ran out of other options. =)

Comment

Working...
                      X