"Snow" on some screens and maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Going to add this to my thread. Great find!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THE SNOW IS GONE!!

I have had a complete success. On my Dell e1705 with an ATI x1400 graphics card I was able to install the ATI 7.11 drivers.

Here's how:
    Go here http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool/ and simply follow their instructions.

It worked like a charm. All snow is gone and the game runs much faster. Even the snow on the character customization page is gone. THANK GOD!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, i have the same snow problem as you guys, i have an asus laptop running with a radeon X1450. Drivers seemed old so tried omega ones but that didnt change much!
    I managed to get rid of the snow in the menu by fiddling with settings in the ini files, but in game most maps give me the snow effect. Deck runs fine, no snow atall... i've not had time to test all of them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's laptops for you, outdated video drivers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm having the same problem with a Dell XPS2010 Duel Core 2.0 GHZ, 2GB Ram, ATI X1800 256MB - Ive update to lastest verions of video Drivers, system BIOS etc etc and still all this snow - The difference I'm having is that the snow is only on object some 50 feet away, things close up look great - But it makes it for tough game play when you can't see who is shooting you because away object are whited out the black dithers of digital tiling in it - Need help

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I used the Catalyst Control Center and driver file. It worked on my machine, but I've yet to play for more than forty minutes or so without a crash. At this point, I'm about ready to give up on UT3 until it's patched decently.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I looked for the drivers on the site you gave and on ATI. I found the 7.11 dirver only and the 7.11 driver with catalyst control center.

The file names are:

7-11_xp32_dd_54435.exe --- 7.11 driver only
    7-11_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_54435.exe ----- 7.11 Catalyst Control Center and driver

Neither one worked at all.

Which file version did you use?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I too had the same problem. I've got a Dell Inspiron E1705 with an ATI x1400.

I tried installing the 7.11 drivers from ATI, but had the same problems as the rest of you. That said, the drivers are quite compatible with my card, but for whatever reason, ATI just won't let us download the drivers directly. I got them from opendrivers.com.

That fixed my problem with the static snow, so now all I have to deal with are frequent crashes. Yay.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok after talking with Dell I tried changing various settings and did not have much luck.

However whilst playing an online map that was all snowy, there were certain times that the graphics became perfect and I could see normally, then for no appraent reason the snow returned.

Here are some screen shots during the same map witout me doing anything but playing.

These are in order as I toke them:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just got off the phone with Dell.

We spent 1 hour trying to install the ATI 7.11 catalyst control center directly from the ATI site as Dell has not released anything. After trying 4 times to get it to work, the install would not take. They said that the update catlayst control center 7.11 is not compatible with the ENTIRE laptop hardware (not just the video card itself).

I asked if they could put a note in the case file to request to see if an updated driver can be released from Dell to get the new catlayst control center. The woman made a note of it.

If others are having this problem could you also call Dell and give them anotehr reason to get this new driver from them?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For those who have Dell laptops and are having this problem, I installed the Omega drivers (which are compatible with ATI Radeon X1400 Mobile cards). Just google "omega drivers" and look for the ATI section.

This gets rid of the snow, but it still looks like you ran my game through a weird 8-bit filter. I'll have some screens documenting this eventually.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try with email?

I was wrote an email to LGE.COM yesterday... and today afternoon got updated version... lucky m8

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good stuff dynaphase. At least one of us gets to play properly! Congratulations.

As for the graphics card overheating, I don't think it is that. As you can see in the screen shot above the character screen is snowy as well as some maps. If the grapics were having this problem then I would have this on more maps.

Anyone know how to kick Dell in the butt to get them to release an update?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Finaly, today LG updated their web site with latest ATI video drivers for my x1600 on LG S1 Express dual notebook. Now i don't have snow problems anymore, and no more BSOD (i have it on several maps with old drivers)... now is everything fine...

I think that ppl need contact notebook vendor for latest drivers? Problem is that ATI have contract with several notebook vendors... now under AMD dont give a **** about that contract, and notebook vendors don't have updates...

When u try catalyst they say that your notebook is not supported bla bla bla... i guess i have luck with this model...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've seen graphic card reviews which indicate snow can often happen with graphics card memory which overheats in heavy game play. I'm not certain how you would do it, but you might try underclocking your card memory slightly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X