Custom characters not working properly online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom characters not working properly online

This is a pretty annoying bug. Whenever someone joins mid-game, they can see everyone else's custom characters, but they appear as a generic character. Basically, if guy 2 joins the server, he'll be able to see guy 1's custom character, but to guy 1, guy 2 will be a generic model. If guy 3 then joins, he'll be able to see guy 1 and 2's models, but he will appear generic to both. You also get switched to a generic model if you swap teams.

The bug really sucks because it ruins a really awesome feature of the game. Any idea if they're fixing it?

I made a post about this today, sorry I didn't see yours, but yes appears to be a bug.

Comment

I get this where I don't even see my custom char. I end up as Generic Helmet Dude when I choose Akasha (and even tried the "new character" option to see if it had messed the setting up or something). Ihaven't attempted with any other characters yet (like non-unlockables) so I don't know if it's just Akasha or if it's the server being retarded.

Note that I see all sorts of people's custom skins and their taunts are all the right thing, so it's not the "default skins" issue for everybody.

Comment

I was on a server yesterday where all I saw were default characters, but everybody else said they were seeing their custom characters. Maybe it's certain servers that my beta-patched copy dislikes?

Comment

Seems to happen all the time in LAN games for me and everyone else on the LAN playing. Everyone sees the other human players as the default guy, and everyone has Allow Custom Characters checked in their settings. The bots all appear to be what they should. Strange.

Comment

Working...
          X