major resolution issues, plz help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

major resolution issues, plz help

my computer- vista - intel core2 duo cpu - 2gigs of memory - geforce 8600m GT

my problem - i can start the game just fine, and i can also actually play the game and thats good.
    But the bad part is i cant change the resolution... Its at 640 x 480 and when i try and change it and click apply, the screen will go black for literally around 2 mins. then the settings screen will come back up but it didnt actually change anything, and when i go back, the resolution always says 640x480. I know my monitor can handle a higher res, i normally run at 1440x900.

Just for the record i have read through other threads with a few people that had this problem or a similar one, and most solutions involved editing a readonly file, i actually looked in all the folders and couldnt find this UTengine file, but i did find one similar in the "engines" folder, but i cant seem to change it, being read only and all.

anyways, can anyone help me? i paid $50 for this game and i cant return it, and i want it to work :P i would prefer a solution that didnt involve changing text in the files, but anything that would work will be helpful. i dont want the graphics to look like a N64 game heh, plz help!

By default, your UTEngine.ini should be here:

My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\

First check if you have this folder and check if the ini files are there.

Then open that file with Notepad and look for

[SystemSettings]
    ResX=640
    ResY=480

and change it to your desired resolution

Comment

tyVm. it turns out i was looking at the wrong file hehe, the one u said wasnt read only and it fixed the problem, i can enjoy the game now thx!

Comment

Working...
      X