Cannot install limited edition! error 1335

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot install limited edition! error 1335

I cannot install unreal tournament 3 on my laptop!
    I get the following message:

http://stud.cmd.hro.nl/0777990/ut3error.jpg

I have tried to install it the normal way a few times without luck, then I tried to make an ISO of it to see if the problem was in my dvd driver.
    I also brought the game back to the store and got another copy to rule out the option of the disc being bad.

My firewall is turned off during installation.
    Also the demo used to run just perfectly on the highest settings.
    I run windows XP.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know what might cause this?

Copy the content from the DVD to your harddrive and try again.

Comment

I tried to copy the content of the dvd to my harddrive, but it still gives me the same error at the same time.
      I am beginning to think that there might be some manufacturing error in the special edition of ut3 for pc?

Comment

thank you for your reply

Thank you for your swift reply.

However, it didn't work.
        Did you have the same problem?

Comment

Doesn't look like it from the image, but still going to ask.

Are you running Vista or a 64bit OS?

Comment

thats weird

Originally posted by lowe View Post
            I tried to copy the content of the dvd to my harddrive, but it still gives me the same error at the same time.
            I am beginning to think that there might be some manufacturing error in the special edition of ut3 for pc?
            mate, i didn't have a problem running the installation although i own the limited edition of the game! it installed smoothly and fast! maybe its an error with your copy! or maybe with any software running in the background, try resolving any KIND of windows issues (malware, spy-ware,virus??? hopefully not!) then consider thinking about the errors on the dvd, maybe its a dvd-rom related problem... u never know

Comment

CE or standard version has nothing to do with it fyi.

Quoting someone else:

Possible Solution - 1335 Error
              This worked for me when nothing else would, so if you are receiving the 1335 error regarding any .cab files during installation, please follow these steps:

1. (WARNING: Please do not attempt to manually edit your registry if you are not experienced in this area, as any mistakes could potentially harm your computer) - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > - Remove unnecessary registry entries left behind by software that is no longer intalled, but do not remove entries that are in still in use (EXAMPLE: Do not delete the entire EA key if you have any EA software installed).

2. Temporarily disable Windows Firewall if it is enabled (This can be accessed in the Control Panel).

3. Delete all files in the Temp folder. (C:\Windows\Temp)

4. Download and install the latest SECDRV.SYS driver: http://www.macrovision.com/products/...ownloads.shtml

5. Run UT3 setup.

Please keep in mind, depending on your PC, one or more of these steps may not be necessary.

I hope this helps anyone experiencing the same issue.

Comment

Thanks, I am going to try step 4, since I just reinstalled my windows copy.
                This is REALLY the last optuion for me
                i called midway customer service, and they had no idea what I should do.

ps. I have a good disc, because I already tried 2 copies.

Comment

Originally posted by Entil'Zha View Post
                  CE or standard version has nothing to do with it fyi.

Quoting someone else:
                  That was actually my thread.

Here is the updated link for the SECDRV.SYS driver: http://www.macrovision.com/promolanding/7352.htm

The SECDRV.SYS driver is used to validate games that are SafeDisc copy protected, and having an outdated driver could result in a number of Windows errors when installing a game protected by SafeDisc.

Comment

Working...
                  X