My Problem, much like everyone else's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Problem, much like everyone else's

Just like everyone else talking about random game freezes and restarts, I have it too. The problem is, I also had it happen in the demo, just not as frequently. The game crashes and restarts my computer at seemingly random times, but mostly:
    After the into videos (nvidia, intel, ect) and before the game actually loads
    When I'm loading any kind of map
    When I die
    After the map loads and it says "press fire"

Specs:
    Windows XP Media Center SP2
    1Gb Ram 800
    Nvidia 7600 GS X2 (SLI Enabled -- still happens with it disabled)
    Athlon 64 Dual core 5200+ 2.61GHz
    Gigabyte MB (don't remember model off the top of my head)

Is there any definite way to fix this or do I have to wait for a patch of some sort? I prebought the game because I loved UT2k3, but this game is just unplayable. I'm glad I got the Anthology with my game, I'll go play the original UT while I wait for epic to fix.

I'm having the same problem with similar system specs. This is really annoying as I would like to actually enjoy the game for a moment, instead I get a crash...

Comment

I guess I should let everyone know that I've already tried patching the game, reinstalling the game, repatching, and using Ultron's tweaks.

Comment

Could we focus our discussion here: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=585666

Perhaps this way EPIC will fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu View Post
          Could we focus our discussion here: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=585666

Perhaps this way EPIC will fix it.
          The people in there are actually able to play the game, I get to have fun in the menu screens because if I try to get into any kind of match the game freezes and forces my computer to reboot itself.

Comment

Many people have reported this as well, for some the game only freezes for seconds / minutes for others it forces the pc into standby or to reboot completely. Same main bug,

Comment

Your biggest problem is the 1GB of system RAM, though you have a nice video card setup.

Just to make sure, have you tried:

[Engine.ISVHacks]
              UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=True
              bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True

That might help if you haven't tried that already.

Comment

Working...
              X