Logitech Setpoint interferes with UT3.exe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech Setpoint interferes with UT3.exe

Setpoint seems to block my ut3.exe while it is running. I tried uninstalling setpoint and re-installing (clean boot method) and the same thing happens.

I can only get UT3 to run if I exit setpoint first, then load ut3. I then have to alt-tab out of the game and re-run setpoint.

Using MX-518, Windows XP Pro.

I have setpoint running an mx-518 with no such problem. What do you mean specifically by "block"?

Comment

I have setpoint and MX 518 too with no problems. Are you running some special game settings for UT3?

Comment

Same im using setpoint and an mx518 and i can run UT. Although it crashes quite often, sounds unelrelated tho.

Comment

Originally posted by phwaap! View Post
          I have setpoint running an mx-518 with no such problem. What do you mean specifically by "block"?
          Same here setpoint runs with my mx518 no problems at all for me.

Comment

I use Setpoint with a Logitech G5, no issues here, sounds like a weird issue there, any strange custom settings within setpoint that may be causing it?

Comment

I get this same thing but could not for the life of me figure out what the hell was causing it until i read your post . . . so, thanks!

Now I just have to figure out how to tweak it so I can get a decent frame rate in warfare multi

Comment

I'm not sure what the problem is, I've re-installed setpoint a few times and I still get the same problem.

I am not using "game detection", however the problem exists even if I enable it. Basically the problem is that UT3.exe will not run if setpoint is running. There are no errors or warnings. When I double click on UT3, an hourglass cursor appears for a split second and then disappears and the game does not load.

EDIT: I made some progress. If I right click on ut3 icon and choose "run as", it will load. I'm thinking this might be a permissions thing.

Comment

i couldn't even get it to go with 'run as' . . .

also, the same **** thing was happening with adobe CS3.

Comment

MX518, XP SP2, Setpoint installed (4.00.121). No problems here.

Comment

Working...
                    X