CD key Problem not norm Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD key Problem not norm Need Help

Hi, I got Ut3 yesterday and after installing and starting it up I put in my CD key in and it said that it was invald so I went to the store where I bought it and exchaged it after reinstalling the game I typed in my new CD key and it was invalded I also open a ticket in midways coustumer support and the said that my pervious CD key was fine and if I had problems still edit my regersty in window's and gave me a couple of file's to delete so I could reinstall the game. What are the odds that 2 CD Keys dont work? Need help big time thanks

P.S I've tried uppercase and lower case letter's too and im also running windows XP SP2

Same problem here! Don't know what to do. Anyone?

Comment

Has anyone got any clue on this??

Please help?

Comment

This is what midwa wrote me "Thank you for contacting Midway Tech/Customer Support. Please see below for details about your inquiry to Midway.

This key is fine. If you are having problems please ensure it is inputted correctly.

If you still have problems, please follow the steps below to manually uninstall the game:

Goto start > run > type "regedit" > click ok, and delete the following keys.

Please be sure to follow the directory tree all the way to the Unreal Tournament 3 keys, as deleting the wrong key can
        cause damage to your system registry. Midway accept no responsibility for damage arising from deleting the incorrect
        registry entry. I also noticed that I didnt have 2 of the file's from the regesty

Hkey_classes_root/installer/products/90209afbffa76bd4e8b45e375057a17d
        Hkey_current_user/software/Microsoft/windows/explorer/menuorder/start menu/programs/Unreal Tournament 3
        Hkey_current_user/software/Microsoft/windows/current
        version/uninstall/Installshield_{BFA90209-7AFF-4DB6-8E4B-E57305751AD7}

Now the delete the following folders:

If you canĂ¢€™t see this folder in Program Files, goto tools > folder options > view > and check Show hidden files and
        folders. You may also need to type c:\windows\installer into the address to see this folder.

C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{BFA90209-7AFF-4DB6-8E4B-E57305751AD7}

C:\Documents and Settings\*YOUR WINDOWS USER NAME HERE*\Application Data\InstallShield Installation
        Information\{BFA90209-7AFF-4DB6-8E4B-E57305751AD7}

C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3.

You should now be able to reinstall the game."

I didn't really have no clue on what this has to do with the CD key? Also I really dont like editing the regersty. It's also really odd that im only having this problem with Epic game's. I'm kinda wonder if I turn on 32 bit on my hard drives if that would help any.

Comment

Try it Skared, it might just fix it. Make sure you do everything correct, and back it up beforehand.

Comment

I also noticed I didnt have 2 of the file's on the regersty

Comment

K I'm missing these 2 files from the regersty

Hkey_current_user/software/Microsoft/windows/explorer/menuorder/start menu/programs/Unreal Tournament 3
              Hkey_current_user/software/Microsoft/windows/current
              version/uninstall/Installshield_{BFA90209-7AFF-4DB6-8E4B-E57305751AD7}

Comment

I have them up to

Hkey_current_user/software/Microsoft/windows/ but am missing the current and the explore

Comment

It's weird but your info is like a mirror to my problem. Still no solution.

Comment

A Wierd fix

Well after doing what midway said and being half asleep I screwed up my windows regersty and had to reformatt the hole hard drive. After updateing the OEM ver of windows xp (2hours of download minus drivers) I got it back up a reinstalled UT3 and when it got to the CD key it worked. I,m finally able to play the game. The odd thing is to that I'm now able to save in GOW. So I'm kinda wondering if you save data gose in to your regersty since you need a microsoft live account to be able to save you setting or anything

Comment

LOL, I did a volunterely format of my PC and all ended up well. Got it finally to work too. As for your question i don't know how the data is saved. At this time all seems to be saved in the 'My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3' folder I guess.

Comment

I have the same problem as you guys. I hope that we don't have to wipe our disks to get this work. I pre-ordered the game and still haven't been able to play it. I received the exact same registry e-mail from Midway but that didn't fix the problem. I found that if you click uninstall UT3 from the DVD boot up screen it takes care of the registry stuff for you. It seems that the e-mail is intended for manually uninstalling the game if it doens't uninstall itself. I received a new CD key today but got the same result as Skaredmask. There must be something that needs to be erased that isn't mentioned in that e-mail. Bware, I share your pain.... If any of you find out anything please post it. Thanks.

Comment

Hai Tez,

My response from Midway;

Thank you for contacting Midway Tech/Customer Support. Please see below for details about your inquiry to Midway.

Please try uninstalling UT 3, the demo, and any previous versions of Unreal Tournament you have installed and try running the install for UT3 again.

Regards,
                          Midway Tech/Customer Support

However for me that wasn't the trick either! I already did that!
                          The only option for me was to format/recover my PC.

After that, I installed the game and all worked. Although I can play now, it really SUCKS to spend a whole day getting it to work.
                          They should pay Skaredmask and Me for all the work.....

Comment

Hay taz try formatting your hard drive it seems to be the only fix since the file arnt created in the regersty right till that time. I think thats way gears of war and Ut3 stuff is so easly messed up is because almost ever thing gose in there such as new updates and hardware junk

Comment

Working...
                            X