Online Model/Skin Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Model/Skin Issue

My son and I play together and I noticed that when viewing him online in a server we were both in, he showed up as the default model that was in the Beta Demo, and he saw me the same way even though we were using different player models. As we've gone through and played online more and more we are noticing TONS of people showing up as that default player model...this CAN'T be. In one instance, I joined a server where 7-8 players were all using different skins and when the map switched and we had the same players, EVERYONE showed up as that default player model.

What's up with this? There seem to be some glitch using a customzied player model online.

I noticed this too.

Your character automatically reverts to default when you switch teams, and I think if you join mid-game you won't see others with custom chars either. It's a little annoying, but can probably be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Reise View Post
      I noticed this too.

Your character automatically reverts to default when you switch teams, and I think if you join mid-game you won't see others with custom chars either. It's a little annoying, but can probably be fixed.
      Ultimately, it's not game breaking, but part of the fun of the game is that tiny bit of expression you get to have through customizing your skins. I'm hoping they take a look at this and fix it.

Comment

Just saw this in the tentative change list for the first patch:
        "- Fixed losing your custom character mesh after changing teams during a
        match."
        I assume this will take care of it...but I've noticed this problem in FFA as well, what constitutes a "team switch" in FFA?

Comment

I think this also includes starting a new map since teams get arranged at that point.

There's a more professional way to say this though

Comment

Working...
          X