This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the hell is wrong with sandstorm?

Everytime I play Sandstorm, 10 minutes into the game sound gets completely muted and my fps drops to a slideshow. It's always on this map and never on any others.

I just played it, online, and it ran fine. Nothing wrong at all

Comment

Originally posted by ut3fanboy View Post
      Everytime I play Sandstorm, 10 minutes into the game sound gets completely muted and my fps drops to a slideshow. It's always on this map and never on any others.
      weird, I thought it was only me... like my card was getting too hot. it just happens sort of randomly for me on this map.

Comment

Probably the random sandstorms that crop up and send a ton of audio noise with the storm.

Comment

works perfect for me. Not tried it online, but worked perfectly find without hiccups durring the SP and in Instant action.

PS - I love this map, absolutely awsome weather effects, be nice to get some kind of snow version of this

Comment

I have the same issus too with that map...it even Froze my whole computer.

Comment

disable blur.... and something else i don't remember lol....

Comment

I'm getting this too.
                But on random map.

Comment

i'm on AC97 Realtek chipset. Just went to their site to get latest sound drivers. Let's see if this helps.

Comment

same issue for me on sandstorm, my PC audio in game as well as ventrillo just crapped out, it came back after a short time, but happened once or twice more. Was not during the sandstorm either. I even CTD once on the map shortly after the noise issue. No problems on any other maps. I am using realtek as well, maybe it's related.

my pc specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Conroe 2.13GHz LGA 775
                    Kingston 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667
                    EVGA 7800 GS OC
                    ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA LGA 775 VIA PT880 Ultra ATX Intel Motherboard

Comment

Hey i got the same bug and alot of ppl too
                      AND ITS ****ING ANNYOYING
                      it happens especialy when i take flag, like 10fps and no sound
                      and if i dont restart game i got no sound on other maps too
                      PLZ FIX THIS!!!!

i got intel c2d, powercolor x1950pro and 2GB RAM
                      all graphic effects on low

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586516

Comment

Working...
                        X