Audio is source of stuttering, crashes and slowdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio is source of stuttering, crashes and slowdown

I for one am using a integrated sound chip model AD1888. This apparently causes some trouble with the EAX and sound engine that has been implemented on your newest games (UT3 and Gears of War). Definite slowdowns are removed when the audio is disabled entirely through Windows.

When audio is activated, the game sounds start to stutter and may stop for a while and then start again running. Reason maybe for this is that the audio chip becomes overloaded or the data processed through it is garbage.

Either way. I would like to point out this as a fix that should be implemented on patch.

That is just to funny sound is the problem.

Comment

I disabled x-fi in my device manager and then tried playing UT3. I still got the 20 second freeze :/

Comment

But you can't deny the fact. This problem is shown when playing campaign.
        It freezes at the beginning when car is moving through the screen.

Comment

Same Here...

Sempron 3000+
          ATI HD2600PRO 512M
          1.5 GB ram.

The only solution i´ve seen it´s playing in the RAD TOOLS to see the cinematics, to play the campaing mode full. ALWAYS gets stuck.

Comment

And here's something from Creative forum admin Catherine Karskens:

"We believe that the larger volume of data being requested is, in some systems, causing larger access delays to system memory, especially when Sound Blaster X-Fi is sharing memory access with high-end graphics and/or hard drives. We have found that with certain high-end systems and configurations, Sound Blaster X-Fi is being held off from receiving data from the PCI bus for significant periods of time, in some cases for close to two-thirds of a millisecond. This causes our audio buffers to underflow, which produces crackling sounds. The obvious answer to this would be to increase the latency tolerance, but due to the requirement for audio to synchronize accurately with graphics, we cannot increase the latency tolerance beyond a certain point."

Comment

Working...
            X