Can't save keybinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't save keybinds

I've heard all sorts of rants about new games and thier issues. I've experienced a bit of that, but very little. But with this game i cannot believe that i cannot set my key bindings and make them stick ! I close the game and upon starting it again all my settings are wiped. This happened with the demo and i thought that as serious a problem as it is, it's just a demo and i could understand how they could release it like that since the purpose is just to let you play it a few times to see what you'll be buying. But this is an incredible F-up to leave in a full game that you are charging 50 bucks for ! And i know i'm not the only one because many with the demo had this issue and i never found a real fix. Then to make things worse, i have an 8 button logitech and rely heavily on the buttons and in this game all but the standard roght and left buttons will not bind ! Even when set to a keystroke in the mouse software ! I have not seen mouse button binding issues this bad in ANY game no matter how old !

I haven't played the full game i paid for yet and won't until they fix this. Epic will refund my money if they don't unless they want to be inundated with emails and phone calls from me endlessly ! This is BS. I see something about a patch but i see no links or info as to whether it's out or when it will be. But to release a game like this is utterly incomprehensible.

By the way, of the 4 new games i just bought, 2 ran perfect with zero issues (crysis and COD4) and 2 had issues. Both EPIC.....UT3 and GOW. Does this company just release games with no concern as to whether they are done yet or what?!

did u uninstall da demo and delete or move any remaining folder before u installed the retail.

i had the same problem i think its holding on to some of dat demo stuff. so this is what i would do if i was you....

uninstall everything ut3
    move or delete any remaining folders
    then reinstall retail

Comment

Yep. And deleted the folder as you said.

Comment

Look here.

Comment

Just set your user ini to read only then unreal cant set the defaults.

Comment

I had alot of problems with GOW and im taking it back at the weekend. I had a minor problem with UT3 but it was easily fixed. Im hoping to exchange GOW for Cod4.

What would be nice is that they tested the games on a wider range of comp specs. We are gamers not testers.

Comment

Look here.
              I did that and they still don't stick.

Just set your user ini to read only then unreal cant set the defaults.
              I haven't tried that yet, but i DID try that with the demo and it didn't work. So i doubt it will now.

However, i may try doing what lem06 said because while i did delete the folder as he suggested after uninstalling, i forgot about the my documents/my games folder where theres another UT3 folder. So i never deleted that. But i got the buttons to work and i'm playing. I'm just curious tho..........i had read some saying there are a load of maps, yet i see fewer than UT2004 had. Am i missing something? Oh, and is war very close to onslaught? I haven't played that yet but from what i read it seems to be a similar game thio not exactly the same?

Comment

Working...
              X