news on patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    exaclty im using radeon 2600xt, get the same freezing problem after a couple of minutes play 1st patch seems ot have helped a little bit, done a couple of ini tweaks..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is a subject about that issue and the solution is to use the 163.75 nvidia driver. The 169.xx causes the freezes
    that may be all well and good but what about ATI cards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've installed the 1.01B2 patch and it seems to have fixed the connection problems to online servers for me anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Djum View Post
    There is a subject about that issue and the solution is to use the 163.75 nvidia driver. The 169.xx causes the freezes.
    Wrong, I was having the freezing/crashing problem with 163.75. It's fixed now, but that's for another thread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I too am using the 163.75 Nvidia drivers, and am not having any freezing problems, but I do suffer the unexpected crash out to windows problem now and then.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hoseman View Post
    This is my question also. Will the patch fix the FREEZING PROBLEM?
    There is a subject about that issue and the solution is to use the 163.75 nvidia driver. The 169.xx causes the freezes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    NO IT WON'T ^^

What makes me mad is there's no venue for speaking up. They close all contact off to EPIC games and only allow contact via this forum. It's like they don't care at all...and UT3 prooves that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is my question also. Will the patch fix the FREEZING PROBLEM?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well they should work on the bug that makes the whole game not work first I think.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BuzzKiller View Post
    I think I'll ride this one out. It works (sort of) for me at the moment, so best not fix what ain't broke.

Just be glade this wasn't a console game. Just think of the problems with Mass recall. Mind you, if enough people are having install problems, and no patch will fix that, then there could be a product recall for those affected, or everyone. Man that could be bad - UT3 being recalled would be the first game in ages.

yea but sony also has to test the game before they sell it. im sure sony would make sure all the bugs were out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think I'll ride this one out. It works (sort of) for me at the moment, so best not fix what ain't broke.

Just be glade this wasn't a console game. Just think of the problems with Mass recall. Mind you, if enough people are having install problems, and no patch will fix that, then there could be a product recall for those affected, or everyone. Man that could be bad - UT3 being recalled would be the first game in ages.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nobody tested this game at all. If someone even tried to play UT3 before it was released they would have immediately realized that the server list is sorted by ping in REVERSE ORDER. Why would anyone ever want to sort servers by ping in descending order?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ZachE84 View Post
    Do patches matter, niether fix the freezing issues that almost everyone gets...
    i know thats what i was saying they never seem to work out any of the real problems. im returning my copy and getting the ps3 version on the 10th

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Description:
    In December AGEIA will release a PhysX UT3 Mod-Kit offering modders everything they need to create PhysX-powered content. In the meantime AGEIA has released two new PhysX enabled maps.

expandmore details about this file
    To showcase the power of the PhysX UT3 Mod-Kit and the PhysX processor, AGEIA Technologies is rolling out a series of Extreme PhysX Mod Levels for UT3 available as a free download starting today. The first set of PhysX mods includes the “Tornado” and “Lighthouse” levels. The AGEIA Tornado PhysX Mod, which was first revealed at the Leipzig Games Conference earlier this year, features incredible physical realism and revolutionary new environmental impact powered by the PhysX processor. This completely new CTF map is named for the PhysX-powered tornado which tears the battlefield apart as the game progresses. In addition, the tornado actually lures rockets and projectile weapons into its vortex, if fired too close, presenting both dynamic risk and reward to daring players. Complementing Tornado is a new PhysX mod called Lighthouse, which introduces an ominous, dungeon-like structure with myriad levels and hidden corridors, featuring a variety of destructible walls, floors and ceilings and new weaponry. Additional maps and mods showcasing other types of PhysX implementations and level morphs will be available soon as part of this ongoing AGEIA Mod-Kit program. The Mods will continue to offer compelling game-play scenarios as well as provide examples of AGEIA PhysX use encouraging modders to produce their own PhysX-driven experiences.

*** SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ***

The AGEIA PhysX Unreal Tournament 3 Mod-Pack requires a personal computer with the following minimum system requirements:

* Processor: 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6400 or equivalent
    * System RAM: 1 GB
    * Video Card: NVIDIA 7900 GT or equivalent
    * Hard Drive Space: 1 GB free
    * Physics Card: AGEIA PhysX 100 Series
    * PhysX Driver: AGEIA PhysX System Software version 7.09.13+

*** MOD-PACK INSTALLATION ***

* If you have not already installed, the installer for this Mod-Pack is in Microsoft Installer File format (.MSI) – simply save the file to a local location and double-click to install
    * The installer will place files in required locations for UT3 automatically
    * Check out http://www.ageia.com/ut3 for more information

*** IMPORTANT NOTES ***

* You must have the full, release version of Unreal Tournament 3 installed prior to installing this mod-pack
    - This pack does NOT include any UT3 runtime application binaries
    * Be sure to select the “Hardware Physics” check-box in UT3 to enable AGEIA PhysX features
    - From main menu: Settings->Video->”Hardware Physics” check-box item
    - See “Known Issues” below: this check-box is not sticky without a login profile

http://unrealtournament2004.filefron...Mod_Pack;84526

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do patches matter, niether fix the freezing issues that almost everyone gets...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X