Multiplay via GameSpy.com login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiplay via GameSpy.com login

When I downloaded the demo there was this goofy GameSpy.com login in order to play online. I never got it to work, but it's a demo so who cares.

I just bought the game and it has this same goofy GameSpy.com login thing. How do I get rid of it? I want to play online...

In case I must use it to play online...
    No matter what I enter for my user name and password I get an error screen. The error message sugests that I go to the GameSpy web site and create an account. The web page that is suggested in the error dialog has no information about UT3. I created a GameSpy account. Just for the hell of it I tried the username and password for my new GameSpy account and they didn't work in UT3 either. Please help.

Same exact issue I am having. If I find a fix I will post.

Comment

You need to create an account ingame - so either create an account there or enter the details of an existing account there and it should work.

Comment

Correct, except you must create the login in game under "create profile".

Comment

Thanks for the help so far, but...
          I tried to create the profile. Gives message the user name is already in use. Yes, I have a Gamespy account with the user name I am trying to use, and can login to that website account. Even cleared the saved profile in C:\Documents and Settings\name\My Documents\My games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\SaveData. Went back into the game, created a profile, still gives user name is aready in use. Also, tried clearing the profile, reentered the game and just tried logging in. Gives message about invalid name and password and check at gamespyid website.

Comment

It appears the issue lies with the Gamespy end of things. The create profile feature in UT3 apparently assumes you do not have an already existing account on Gamespy. In my case I have had an account at Gamespy for over a year. So, when I try to create a profile in UT3, the message states that name is already in use.

Of course it is! I already have created it on the website. Interestingly, when I login to the Gamespy website, I enter my email address for my user name, not my nickname/username/player name. Gamespy will not let you login to the site with your nickname as the user name. There is not enough space on the username line in UT3 to try the email address. Apparently, either UT3 or, most likely, Gamespy are not relating my nickname to my email address for some reason. How this could be fixed I do not know. Any more help would be welcome.

Comment

I am having the same exact problem, seriously wtf mates?

Ugh, I hate Gamespy.

Comment

Instead of using my existing Gamespy nickname/username, I just made a new profile using a different username in the game. It took it, must have made me yet another gamespy account, and am able to get online. It seems possible you could change the nickname in your profile on the gamespy website, then use the original nickname from the gamespy account as your players name. I Did not try the last one, but you never know... weird how it will not let you use an existing gamespy nickname and account to create a profile in UT3.

Comment

UT3 uses it's own gamespy names, so that already registered names are free - so you should be able to use that name again. Did you try logging in with your already existing name?

Comment

Hi,

One simple Question: How can I delete an existing Gamespy/UT3 account/login.
                    Most answers till now were: This is impossible. But I can't believe it.
                    If I want to change only a single letter (for example write a "t" for a "T") in my nick,
                    Gamespy tells me "Name in use" or so.
                    This is too stupid to be real.

Cheers

Comment

Yes the first thing tried was my existing name on the account and password. Even before creating an account in UT3. Got the invalid id and password error. After I created the account through UT3 with a different name, guess what, I logged into Gamespy and it asked me to login to my old one or the one created in UT3. So I logged into the old one, changed the name to something else and logged out. Upon logging into Gamespy again, The account I changed reflected the name change.

So, I went back into UT3, tried to create a profile using the name that my account is no longer named, and got the already exists error. Round and round I go....

For now, I will just keep using the one UT3 allowed me to create. I don't want to rub salt in any wounds, but I have been online and have played several vCTF matches. Had some good competition. Lot of people just sitting in a parked vehicle just waiting for an unsuspecting sucker, I mean player, to come along so they can blast them. Now my eye is starting to twitch....

Comment

nvm i think i got my prob resolved.

Comment

Working...
                        X