Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a fix for my crashing problem (at least for me anyway).

I updated my Catalyst drivers to 7.12 and played a full match on Deck with no crashes.

Hooray for ATI!

Comment

can't save my config settings in ini,etc....??

guys, i'm haveing a bald moment here. i am trying to do a coupla things in the ini files. like stop the movies from playing, put my weapon in the center,etc. when i try and save my settings i get the error "cannot create this line", "wrong path name". i don't tweak much (or haven't since 2004 came out) so i'm outa the loop. do i edit my settings somewhere else then save them back in my UT3 folder? ****---beats me.....

Comment

Hey gang, I have been gone a few days and my inbox got filled up with several messages. By Monday 12-31-2007 I hope to get some time free to answer all the messages, and update my thread here with answers for everyone. So bear with me, I have had a busy schedule, hence my lack of activity recently.

Comment

For those who do not know how to install mutators.

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
          - My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config -->> where all .ini files go (settings file)

- C:\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC -->> place all .u and .upk files here

- C:\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Localization\(language i.e. INT) -->> place all .int files here.

This is how I have ALL my mutators installed and they work 100%. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by PankTaco View Post
            guys, i'm haveing a bald moment here. i am trying to do a coupla things in the ini files. like stop the movies from playing, put my weapon in the center,etc. when i try and save my settings i get the error "cannot create this line", "wrong path name". i don't tweak much (or haven't since 2004 came out) so i'm outa the loop. do i edit my settings somewhere else then save them back in my UT3 folder? ****---beats me.....
            uhm, i think u may have tried it the wrong way.
            Do this:

goto "my documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config"

Doubleclick the utengine.ini (centered weapon is in utgame.ini), this should open in notepad and edit it, save it.
            Thats all i do, and it works.

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by peppybb View Post
              uhm, i think u may have tried it the wrong way.
              Do this:

goto "my documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config"

Doubleclick the utengine.ini (centered weapon is in utgame.ini), this should open in notepad and edit it, save it.
              Thats all i do, and it works.

good luck
              hmmm, Houston--i may have a problem. i'm seein UT3 got installed in program files. Is it supposed to be on C:? if it is, i don't know how it got in program files. Cause my other Unreal games are on the C: drive. help?

Comment

What would you recommend for the following system specs
                Intel QX6850 OC'd 3.33 Ghz
                2Gb corsair dominator 1066 Mhz
                8800 Ultra 768 Mb,

the game runs perfect and fast, but there is screen tearing, which is annoying. I think it might be my monitor, isn't refreshing fast enough...?.

Comment

A big thanks for everyone who posted tweaks and suggestions, i just got round to sorting out UT3 and they helped a lot in resolving some issues.

One point about adding -nohomedir to the UT shortcut to fix settings not saving. This may not work if theres no online player profile, it didn't for me anyway, settings were saved ok when there was an online player profile. But now i'm left with the CD key not saving when switching between offline/online, grrr !

Comment

Originally posted by PankTaco View Post
                    hmmm, Houston--i may have a problem. i'm seein UT3 got installed in program files. Is it supposed to be on C:? if it is, i don't know how it got in program files. Cause my other Unreal games are on the C: drive. help?
                    UT3 is supposed to be installed in Program Files. But it saves custom settings and other things under My Documents. So don't be alarmed. What you want to modify is _only_ under My Documents.

Edit the UTEngine.ini which can be found in My Documents\MyGames\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config.

Comment

Doshadin was able to figure out the Invalid CD Key issue. Turns out it's a simple fix. Thank you!

Originally posted by Doshadin View Post
                      As i posted in this thread: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...593732&page=11

I was able to resolve my Invalid CD Key issue by creating a new profile within Windows Vista.

I created it as a standard user, and when I opened UT3 was able to enter my CD key without issues.
                      http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...1#post25201341

Comment

If you are getting poor FPS, disable your power saving options in your control panel as a troubleshooting option.

Originally posted by bridder View Post
                        I'm posting this just in case anyone else has this problem with poor frames per second, stuttering with half decent graphics.

I bought UT3 a couple of days ago and thought I'd be ok with my older X1800XT 256MB, the performance was lousy virtually everywhere, dipping down to 15 at resolutions down to 800x600 with low settings for detail, stuttering, unplayable really. So I went out and got myself a HIS HD3850, 765 Core, 980 Mem (1960 effective), still the frames per second was rubbish, I just couldn't suss it out. For reference my system is 4GB of 800Mhz DDR2, A64 6400+, basically a good gaming rig, I was using the latest Cat 7.12s.

Fixed it by changing my power management settings, I had got it on "Power saver" in the control panel in Vista (32bit by the way), this was setting my CPU to 50% max and possibly the PCIX power saving option in advanced was also having an effect, changed the power profile to "High perfomance" and the game just came alive, my X1800XT was almost certainly fine really, but nevermind I got a new card out of it...

regards,
                        J.

Comment

How do you enable throwweapon in the ini?
                          tried you key binding but when i press X nothing happens

Comment

Cant figure the throwweapon thing out..

Comment

Originally posted by PALADiN View Post
                              Found a fix for my crashing problem (at least for me anyway).

I updated my Catalyst drivers to 7.12 and played a full match on Deck with no crashes.

Hooray for ATI!
                              Yeah i played 4 matches on deck last night, 5th one freeezzzzzzzzzz.

7.12 did not solve it for me.

Dont think its solved in your case Paladin, eventually it will freeze again.

Comment

Originally posted by Skandalouz View Post
                                Cant figure the throwweapon thing out..
                                You need the Weapon Replacement mutator enabled. And then you have to have "throwweapon" bound to a key. To bind a key from the console (in-game):

setbind x throwweapon

Where x is the key you want bound.

Just to be clear, if a server you log into, does not have the mutator enabled, or you are not playing Duel, that keybind will not work.

Comment

Working...
                                X